The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22 [Next]
Tricster6
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Tricster6
I wish Peter would make it in the mandolin as well. I switched to mandolin because of the thicker card stock and the mandolin backs are beautiful.
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
I have STC and highly recommend it. It's very smooth in operation also feels like it would last a long time if stored safely.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
I also just bought this gimmick ... and just one word for this product ... BEAUTY..!!
Highly recommended...
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Don't know if this has been brought up before but has anyone used Science Friction on the special card? Any advantages or no? Just wondering.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, Snidini wrote:
Don't know if this has been brought up before but has anyone used Science Friction on the special card? Any advantages or no? Just wondering.

Why? What would you be trying to accomplish? I don’t get it.

Jim
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, Snidini wrote:

Why? What would you be trying to accomplish? I don’t get it.

Jim

It has been brought up, if you have a read through the thread you will see people's experiences (near the start of the thread).
I presume it's to do with making the slights easier innit.
I love sponges
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yes, it does help. Due to the thick card, the clean up is ever so slightly awkward. SF makes it easier and more casual.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I put SF on mine and super easy to work the gimmick. Smile
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I put SF on mine. Did make the DL a little easier but when it started to peel I did not replace it. It is a surprising heat free moment. This remains the only mechanical card I use. It is really a jaw dropper.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Yes it does help, big time. Much smoother.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I do use SF but not on STC; for whatever reason I find STC easy enough to do without it.

Jim
Codyreese
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City
56 Posts

Profile of Codyreese
I just got this Friday and my 6 y/o daughter who is learning magic, decided to pull the Sharpie all the way through and has nearly made this unusable. Is there anyway to fix this? The fl** wont sit flush..... Are there reloads available or do I have to buy the DVD set again?
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
I don't think you can get the card on its own, I replaced mine with a new one last week, the original is still fine for backup though.
COB
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of COB
Another one to add to my sharpie routine. Looks great
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
For those looking for an alternative to using a DL or SF or just add another element to the effect I can't recommend enough, The Exchange Deck. If the deck isn't able to be found for sale, Thomas Medina teaches how to make it in his Penguin Live lecture.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
The gimmick is so nicely crafted and made, looking at my audiences expressions I can tell they have no clue and are truly wowed by the effect. It's funny to watch them think the sharpie is the gimmick as the card is fully examinable. Despite the sharpie being examinable they tend to think its the sharpie, it's s good distraction from the reality!!
hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
There is only 1 flaw, the gimmick needs to be taken care otherwise there is a possibility of it spoiling. however if generally good care is taken the gimmick is last you for very long without any spoiling or trouble
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
It is a thing of beauty. I have it in both red/blue
I watch myself in the mirror doing it and I'm amazed how smooth it looks .
It's good as a one off or part of a routine . Being going through my magic drawers after a while from the scene and discovering old and new gems that needs to be used more
And this one of them
hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2016, montanna40 wrote:
It is a thing of beauty. I have it in both red/blue
I watch myself in the mirror doing it and I'm amazed how smooth it looks .
It's good as a one off or part of a routine . Being going through my magic drawers after a while from the scene and discovering old and new gems that needs to be used more
And this one of them

Yes I totally agree, going through my shoe box filled with magic effects and gimmicks, this was certainly one of my better buys
CoffeeWithMagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of CoffeeWithMagic
Curious if members are still using this, and if you bought it, how long (performances) does it last before needing to be replaced?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL