The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Linking rings street style (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Hi...Guys should I use 3 or 4 rings and size
for my busking show
David95
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of David95
I use 3. It's Chris Capehart's routine.
David
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of noland
I use six rings, sometimes 8" rings, sometimes 10" rings. I do a 3 ring routine to start (inspired by the 3 ring routines of Capehart, McBride, Skinner and Colombini), then add in 3 additional, apparently separate rings (actually the chain of 3)which I then "link" by tossing them in the air (I got this bit from Jeff McBride's Commando routine). Then, in quick succession I link a 4th ring onto the chain of 3, then a 5th ring, then the 6th ring and finally end by linking five of the rings onto one (the key). The whole routine is rapid-fire, running about 3 minutes.
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
What routine do you do now? And what size rings do you own?
...the magic that creates Memories!
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Jim Cellini put out a DVD on a real nice 3 ring routine. It's really nice eye candy that can be performed to music and is easy to learn. It's worth considering.
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Tom Franks routine to Poes "The Raven" always killed and Tom uses big rings. Seen him do it on the street a lot. Probably still does. You could contact him and find out the size and he probably still has some DVD's that he shot of the routine.
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Thank you guys
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 11:37, ttorres wrote:
What routine do you do now? And what size rings do you own?

:applause:
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 8 rings are all possible. it depends on what you want and where it is placed in your show. 10" is the most suitable size. I do a three ring routine and my rings are 11". for some ideas look for the capehart dvd and the book of pete biro.
Siraldi
View Profile
Regular user
Johnson City, Tennessee
102 Posts

Profile of Siraldi
Try them all. But I would highly suggest looking into 7 rings; the Harry Anderson way. You link 3 of them; hand them to a spectator. Then link 2; hand them to another person. Then do a 2 ring routine. There are a lot of possibilities. This is my preference though
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Make it visiually clear. If you are comfortable with many rings - use many rings. I use four and find it a good number. I am sure you could do Dai Vernons routine with six rings and kill. It is more about you then the routine and the number of rings.

Many years I used a set of 10" rings. They were great and did the job. I upgraded three years ago to a set of thick 13" rings. They have served me well, and ad to the show. They are way to big in smaller corner shows. But they are great at my large circle show. So the size depends on your show as well as what you like.

Best,
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
220 Posts

Profile of bropaul
I have done Whit Hayden's routine for the past 33 years. Wow, I just counted that on my fingers. That's a long time. It's the sweetest street routine for the rings I have found. Whit (Pop) honed the routine on the streets of New York and blessed the magic community with the manuscript in the mid 70's. It involves a spectator and gives them the credit and applause and has built in comedy the KILLS every time.

On second thought, don't use it. It's just that great!
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Use whatever you have already been using. If you don't already have a routine, several have been suggested...take the time to learn that particular routine well. I am currently using Vernon's three ring routine with some ideas from Richard Ross that I started with over 25 years ago...using ideas from experience. I worked on that routine for over a month before ever using it in a performance.

Bob Phillips
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
131 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
Quote:
On 2013-06-20 11:58, Pizpor wrote:
Jim Cellini put out a DVD on a real nice 3 ring routine. It's really nice eye candy that can be performed to music and is easy to learn. It's worth considering.

Pizpor: There are only 2 rings!
It's a beautiful, silent routine with a lot of subtle moves.
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
That's right - thanks for the correction. My memory isn't what it used to be.
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
131 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 08:44, Pizpor wrote:
That's right - thanks for the correction. My memory isn't what it used to be.

:lol:
Sometimes I fool myself
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
457 Posts

Profile of Kingry
5 rings. I like 8" for the street. Lighter carry weight. My routine is a little Hayden, Cellini, and Capehart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Sml6WYNqE Starts at about 9:15
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-07-04 09:34, bropaul wrote:
I have done Whit Hayden's routine for the past 33 years. Wow, I just counted that on my fingers. That's a long time. It's the sweetest street routine for the rings I have found. Whit (Pop) honed the routine on the streets of New York and blessed the magic community with the manuscript in the mid 70's. It involves a spectator and gives them the credit and applause and has built in comedy the KILLS every time.

On second thought, don't use it. It's just that great!

Hi Bro. Paul> Saw you do it at the Ren Fair in Bloomington MN about 12 or 15 years ago. It was the first time that I saw Whit's routine performed. It was delightful!! The late Hersy Basham had given me Whit's routine (hand written) that Whit had apparently "worked out" in Hersy's living room in Lynchburg, VA.

If I were not already using Karrell Fox's 3 ring which Karrell gave me in the early '70s, I would certainly have learned and used Whit's. At my age, I'm not planning to change, but if I ever did change, it would definitely be Whit's.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Keyless let's all rings be handed out on street I use 7 ten inch rings
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
56 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Yes. Whit Pop Hayden's is one of the best, I actually bought his first copy of his manuscript!, been doing it since the early 70's
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Linking rings street style (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL