The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Will Stelfox Busking DVD (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2015, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Using a shill to make an effect work would seem a lot more "scammy" to me than using one to seed a hat. If the seeding works as an alternative to being verbally aggressive, I'd at least like to see what he has to say on the topic. Haven't watched Stelfox's new video yet, but I've enjoyed the other two and like his style.

Granted, not being verbally aggressive is a must and I'm certainly going to hear him out. That being said, using a shill to make a trick work is just artistically weak, in my opinion, but nothing more. Using a shill to try and get more money, I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm saying I find the idea uncomfortable. But I'll be curious to see what he has to say for certain. It is all personal choice in the end.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
I don't know Will, nor have I seen his videos, but the idea (if accurate) of using sticks and/or shills, isn't offensive so much as it is uneconomical/unnecessary.
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
165 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
I have seen and read a lot from Celini, Eric Evans, Kozmo, Jimmy Talksalot, Peter Wardell and others. I did not like the information from vol 1 of Wil's DVDs. I am open to see vol 2 but so far I have seen more tips in books and watching other performers (not just magicians).
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I don't care for stooges of that sort.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I'm guessing that there is a lot more to his new video than the shill idea. And I'm not going to judge that idea either based on a one-sentence description in the marketing blurb. All I know is I appreciate it when folks share insights concerning what works for them.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
SOP for a music busker to salt his open guitar case with a few bills of his own before staring work for the day. Is that scammy?
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2015, cheesewrestler wrote:
SOP for a music busker to salt his open guitar case with a few bills of his own before staring work for the day. Is that scammy?

No, but in my humble opinion there is a difference between a musical busker salting a tip case, and what is being discussed here. That being said Eric Evans brings up a much better point.

Quote:
On Dec 29, 2015, Eric Evans wrote:
I don't know Will, nor have I seen his videos, but the idea (if accurate) of using sticks and/or shills, isn't offensive so much as it is uneconomical/unnecessary.

Still, I'm going to get the download and watch it. Let it speak for itself.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Why does anyone need a gimmick?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Will Stelfox Busking DVD (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL