The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Online Ticket Selling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSensei
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of MagicSensei
If anybody has info on how to sell tickets online, then avail the buyers of a printable ticket without also giving them the ability to print as many as they'd like, please advise.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I use eventbrite to handle ticketing for my shows. It costs me nothing as the ticketing fee is charged to the purchaser. (though you can choose have it deducted from your amount if you choose) The money usually hits my account around 5 days after the event.
MagicSensei
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of MagicSensei
M Sini
How much do they charge the buyer, and how small an audience size would you recommend this for? I should have clarified that I'm doing 40 to 50 for an audience, Charging $35. (and that's not all net to me)
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
My monthly show is 50 tickets per show. The $30 ticket has a $2.64 fee attached and the $42 ticket has a $3.30 fee.
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
An additional option is Brown Paper Tickets at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/
MagicSensei
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of MagicSensei
Thanks, guys. The ticket fee for M Sini's shows seems very fair. Pizpor, I'm assuming these folks send out paper tickets. Both interesting, but more so the electronic version. Does eventbrite satisfy the concern with illegal duplication of printing?
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Eventbrite provides you with a guest list. You can also use their app to scan in tickets which will satisfy the concern of duplication. That said, we've never had an issue.
MagicSensei
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of MagicSensei
Eventbrite sounds good. I will give them a look, and I appreciate the help.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Eventbrite I know has an app as well, which is good for people who are mobile and looking for things to do.
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Here's a client's FB page I did. I was able to embed the EventBrite code to sell tickets DIRECTLY inside of his FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/theorlandocomed......36552678
MagicSensei
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of MagicSensei
That's very cool, the Facebook page. Thanks again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Online Ticket Selling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL