The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Getting friendly with your ITR. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
I have an old ITR, don't know what it's called though, but it's so #*!"=+# hard to fix when the thread breaks. Any suggestions on which ITR is the easiest to fix would be nice. Smile
Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
Sk8rDave
View Profile
Regular user
California
189 Posts

Profile of Sk8rDave
This is to JackDaniel but could be useful to anyone interested.

The absolute easiest to fix is the pager reel. It comes in half and you have instant access to he thread. However, it's not the easiest to work with and you're stuck with a fake pager on your belt. Also, I don't know if they are being made anymore.

The super micro is small enough that you can easily get in there and manipulate the core to gain access to the thread. The micro is probably about the same. The thread boss is difficult for me to fix because I have to remove one of the caps to suck the thread out and removing a cap makes it off center so the thread is no longer directly under the hole.

The best thing to do is turn on a bright light, work over a white sheet of paper and look for the end. That will make fixing it a lot easier. Also, if you work with the micro, that's got a good range so you are less likely to break it in the first place.

Good Luck,

Dave
ykstem
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of ykstem
To answer JackD's original question, one of the things you might want to consider is, rather than looking for an extended itr routine, to look for a series of related effects that an itr effect might fit into.

for ex - I open my act now with a 4 phase routine: 1) I produce a silk from the air, then 2) turn it into a dollar bill (tt for both); then 3)take the bill and do a pen thru dollar effect (doug edwards wonder penetration), then 4) conclude by taking the same dollar bill and making it float. when I'm done, I
give the dollar bill to a spectator as a souvenier.
orbit17
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of orbit17
The LeClair book has some nice routines in it that may be of intrest to you
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Like ykstem says but...

If I am showing cards I will incorporate an IT effect into the card routines. Coins, then I will float a coin. ect.

I tend to use it to aid other illusions and not as an independent effect.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
JackDaniel:
You may want to check out R. Paul Wilson’s 13. It is available on his website as an e-book for $10.00.
He has a wonderful routine there that is unusual.
Bob
chappy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of chappy
Check out Finn Jon's book, Invisible Elastic Thread.
It has many great ideas for thread workers including loads of suggestions and routines with loops.
By the way, Kevin James Floating Rose does not use an ITR though it could be adapted. IMO the best use of IT is when used for subtle movements and animations rather than levitations.
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
My favorite is Blooms rising ring on pencil! This is the best ITR trick I've seen! Worth a check out.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
...the Hummer card effect is really easy with an ITR...

Darn right, as I discovered just a few days ago. It's very impressive to start with just a "boomerang card" concept, then tell your audience that with the right spin you can do *THIS* (proceed to hover the card!)
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Again, as I have done elsewhere on the Café I strongly recommend Jon LeClaire's DVD "Who's Afraid of Invisible Thread?" Jon's presentation style makes it easy to understand. I learned it the first night after being on a 20 year hiatus from performing, and I'm only a hobbyist. His book is also excellent with good drawings of how to do it.

I used a reel and found them to be more trouble than just using a plain 'ol set up. I just tried attaching the thread to the back of a pen with some of LeClaire's Putty; the pen is in my shirt pocket. The other end I keep under a fold in my shirt or behind my belt. I keep a few spares in my wallet wrapped around a card. If needed, a trip to the bathroom and I'm set up again in 1-2 minutes.

Jon LeClaire's web site is: http://www.leclairanimator.com/contact/index.shtml
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
Alan Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Alan Morgan
I never have the confidence to use ITRs.
Silvester
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Silvester
Is there any book or dvd which teaches close up ITR stuff?
I think if you float a dollar close up, then you can use a horizontal hookup. Wwith the ITR you can only walk away (and still float).
Hehe... now correct me: what you can do when you float a dollar in a close-up situation with the ITR? Smile
Alouf
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Alouf
Hi Maxwell,

Just wanted to let you know that your web store is truly awesome!

When will you catually be offering Sorcery Manufacturing's ITR on your website? Will they carry the same price tag as Fun's? And how would one identify the Fun's mini and the super Mini and the SM's ones?

Thanks for your reply.
007mystic
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
63 Posts

Profile of 007mystic
Kevin James does a great effect with goldfish crackers and IT. The goldfish comes to life after floating out of a bowl of goldfish crackers. It is one of the most effective loading routines due to the ending and the amount of people who recognize goldfish crackers.
The weaver of Illusions
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Getting friendly with your ITR. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL