We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Superstition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Like the Pyramids of Egypt, where people are said to have died because of the Pharos curse, are there any superstitions regarding any restraints?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4423 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
How’s this one......

"If they are (or they're if you prefer) pink and fluffy you’re in for a good time!" Or is that a case of wishful thinking rather than a superstition?

I don't know of any real ones but would be interested to know if there are any. I know that Kondini does a great bit with an ******** restraint that he has on show for ********** with a sign that says *********** ****** **** ****** **** ****** *********. Works really well for him and is a great idea (which is why I have redacted to protect his material (what with the vulture(s) that circle here looking to feed of others.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
A huge superstition? Using **********s.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Interesting. Houses are "haunted" but not restraints.... even if the person died in a house while wearing restraints.

Most of them (ghosts) were either murdered or died in fires so why are they rattling chains?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I love the work of Hieronymous Bosch. A lot of people think of it as wacko bizarre, but all he was doing was painting representations of the things the preachers talked about in their sermons. I think rattling chains are in the same department.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
The only superstition I was told wasn't true, I am not blind! or is that an urban myth?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Ian, you just THINK you can see...

www.bladewalker.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Harley, you might be right.

As a teenager I remember my dad walking into my room and telling me similar to my first post. I just waved my hand and said "Dad, hey, I am over here"
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
So it runs in the family? Hmmmm.

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4423 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
There was a stand up comedian who used the joke....... I just used to goof to my room, put my headphones on listen to some tunes, close my eyes and toss off. One time I was a little shocked to see my mum had brought me a cup if tea in!

Ian loved the picture you sent me. I always love to see a bit of pussy peeping through! Clean your minds out guys! It's not at all a rude statement and you should all be ashamed!!!

Ian when you did the I'm over here line I thought of Gazzo!
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Noses run in my family.

Yes the bedroom joke is a good one, I was out to dinner with a family and right in the middle of a mouth full of drink, a 14 YO told me that one. He nearly wore the drink. I had never heard it before. I laughed a lot.

Dave, glad you got the pussy photo, there seems to be a series of them out there. It's kitty in the US. I think they know pussy as the first name of a Bond girl. for those needing to know, google 'ceiling pussy'
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
When you get older, nothing works right anymore; your nose RUNS and your feet SMELL.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
And the less hair you have on top, the more grows in your nose and ears.

www.bladewalker.com
Sean Doran
View Profile
New user
New York
8 Posts

Profile of Sean Doran
I finally got around to registering for this site...so I'll throw some comments in and see if this can get back on track. Smile Cool topic for discussion Jay. I do recall reading somewhere that a piece of a hangman's rope was thought to bring good luck to those who carried it around with them. Though a hangmans rope is not really a restraint per se, the rope used does carry some superstitious qualities.

More info can be found here about halfway down the page: http://hauntedohiobooks.com/news/enough-......e-press/

-SD
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
While not formally classed as "cursed," the Genesta Milk Can got no bidders when his equipment was auctioned off (because he DROWNED in it).
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Welcome Dsean to the message board, at least the curse of the All tied up section hasn't bothereed you and you are brave enough to step up and say something here.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
So far so good.
Sean Doran
View Profile
New user
New York
8 Posts

Profile of Sean Doran
Thanks Ian and Jay. I've stalked this section of the message board for a bit so I somewhat knew what I was getting myself into here. LOL Looking forward to good conversation and a bit of sarcasm.
-SD
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Three cheers for someone who understands. NYer's seem to have a wicked sense of humor.
More NYer's live and work beneath ground level than the population of Melbourne. fact 419.25 (information circa 1980, NY tour guide)

I believed him..........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Superstition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL