The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Death In The Family (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

acephale
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of acephale
This is some of the best money I've ever spent, hands down. As a stand alone effect it's wonderful and ever since getting it I have used it that way for quick, portable shows.

However, it's so good you don't even need to do the routine. I now use it in my seance shows all the time, and it's not even an effect. I have a Crooke's radiometer on the table and say that while it's thought of as a child's toy, it was originally designed to measure spirit energy in the immediate environment in the same way ghost hunters now use EMF readers. Then I mention that Crooke also developed photomorphic plates, and pass around a stack of eight of the 'original' plates. These are a few blanks combined with some of the vaguest ones in the collection. I don't say anything about them except to notice the strange waxy feel of the plates. Every single time, no exaggeration, someone will go, "Wait, there's something on there." Next thing you know everyone's holding them up to the candles and talking about what they see in them. Then someone will ask whether it's the elephant in the clouds explanation, that we're pattern seeking animals, you know the drill. And that's it. There's no effect, they're hooked. They found it themselves, and off they go. It is simply beautiful to watch. And if you have any occultniks in the crowd, the back of them will set them going. I even tell them Crooke was a member of the GD and someone is sure to say that's where the seal is from.

So yeah, Christopher Gould has made a customer for life. His work is simply beautiful and it captures my spectator's imagination every time. Best bit of kit I've ever bought.

And a good thing with the radiometer is that when working by candlelight, tall tapers in stands won't make it rotate. But a tea light - I use mine as a yes/no on the ouija board segment, will make it spin. I point this out, "Look, two large bright candles didn't make it move, but now we're working with a ouija board and it's spinning!" It seems counter intuitive to spectators that two candles won't make it work, but a small candle will. Best part is I think I paid $9.99 on Amazon for mine.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4361 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Sounds very interesting, have had look on Alchemy Moon but they have stopped production for the momment and are doing a newer version, have seen Death In The Family before on there and have thought of purchasing it so I will look into ,all the best

Shane
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1315 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
I too anxiously await the new incarnation of Death in the Family
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
If I'm not mistaken the DITF Pro I bought is "in production" but still not on website.

Try contacting Chris, I'm sure he'll be happy to print a new batch of mysterious photographs.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
The truth is guys, it is a full time job keeping up with my regular customers, so I am not being lazy by not putting the new stuff on the Website, I just don't want to get myself in a position where people are ordering and I do not have the time to fulfill those orders. When Castle-Moon is finally built (soon) I should be able to up my production a bit (less cats on the table). So for now, I am kind of limiting things to people who contact me.
So yes, DITF Pro sets *are* available, just contact me if you want more info.
;-)
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Death In The Family (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL