The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » funny card sword (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
Saw a very funny card sword presentation on UK television tonight. Whilst most magicians may have been watching a repeat of Magic Secrets Revealed on another channel I was watching An Audience With Brian Conley. He is a Brit comedian that was a big fan of Tommy Cooper, during his question and answer session with the audience he got someone up for a magic trick.

First he had her put a bag over her head, then put a bag over his own head. Then had a card selected. The routine was comic perfection. Eventually he asked her lift the bag and peek at the card then pull the bag back down. The card was returned to the deck, with difficulty.

Then the deck was given to the assistant, he struggled to find the sword. Then he said he wanted her to throw the cards in the air..she did..on the count of three, he continued. Brilliant timing, funny routine with some gags only relevant to a British audience who knew the assisting personality.

A second deck thrown but card on sword the wrong card. All came right in the end.

Great routine from a non magician!

Paul Hallas.
NickOShea
View Profile
New user
Edinburgh, Scotland
23 Posts

Profile of NickOShea
I saw it as well, very funny, espescially the topical jokes. Do you think it was all staged though? I only ask because of the throw the deck in the air part.

Great recovery though!
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I saw it first time round in his series on Tv a few years back now. in fact Joe Riding was so impressed with it supplied some of us with some aditional gags for the routine and a method using an ungimmicked umberela (long before the Kevin James version)
Perhaps he will try and market it now the routine has had a second outing.
Phillip
Smudge
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Smudge
That routine was written for him by Keith Simmons, who writes a lot of comedy for Brian. He was part of a comedy/magic act called the simmons Brothers (with his brother Alan,) they were a very funny act.

Keith has also written comedy for Ken Dodd, Norman Wisdom and Max Bygraves.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Isn't the double blindfold cardstab Mark Kornhauser's?
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
I don't honestly think he originated it or else someone would know for a fact/. Anyway that was also my question since I saw him do it live.....
However, a friend of mine saw this concept performed on Khole and Company too.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » funny card sword (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL