The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ACE by Richard Sanders Review (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
baller08
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of baller08
Hello all -

Has anyone seen this trailer for Richard Sanders new effect, "ACE"?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3580

I was considering purchasing this and submitting a review.

Just wondering if anyone had some preliminary knowledge on this since it just came out today.

Thanks!
Baller
baller08@gmail.com
"People do not believe what they see, they see what they believe"
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Check out this post it will give you more details

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&31
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
baller08
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of baller08
Thanks Saturn! Much appreciated.
Baller
baller08@gmail.com
"People do not believe what they see, they see what they believe"
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
I would like a review..... Obviously the spectators can't inspect the cards at the end. That is why this effect falls short to what I like at an end of an effect. I like to finish an effect that the audience can inspect what props are in play at the end. This leaves you clean with a stronger effect.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10783 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I doubt it
the spectators already had the cards in their hands...
my two cents
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
@Wardmagic - The routine as it stands doesn't end fully inspectable, but as Vinny notes, it isn't even an issue. Still, if that concerns you, there is more than enough misdirection and time to make it something that can be inspected - it just takes a little creativity (I can already think of a few ways in my head, depending on the situation and how you routine the effect. One way was already suggested on the discussion linked above involving a Horwitz wallet, for example.) Smile
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
673 Posts

Profile of Bulla
If you want to end an effect clean then the solution is simple, KEEP GOING! Use this as an opener to a four ace trick. You don't have to necessarily end after the cards change to aces.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The cards the spectator is holding are examinable. That's plenty. Especially since they are convinced, thanks to Richard's excellent handling, that they are holding two Jokers. Examination is way overrated. Completely slows down most performances.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
"Examination is way overrated." <-- SO true! Smile
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1404 Posts

Profile of Jared
I often perform Daly's Last trick afterwards, which gives spectator's the impression that they've examined all 4 cards. Trust me, "ACE" is killer!
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 11:10, Cameron Francis wrote:
The cards the spectator is holding are examinable. That's plenty. Especially since they are convinced, thanks to Richard's excellent handling, that they are holding two Jokers. Examination is way overrated. Completely slows down most performances.

I agree, plus the fact that the cards that the magician is handling can be handled is such a manner that they appear completely normal. I mean they can be thrown onto the table, flicked, etc. No reason to suspect anything.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
I thought examining props was limited to grand illusions and not close up
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
A fan of Sanders but what is the main difference between 10 and Ace?
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Not much. Different cards, and a superior handling. Plus, I could be wrong, but I think the DVD covers more than just the one trick.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 20:08, M Pitcher wrote:
A fan of Sanders but what is the main difference between 10 and Ace?

Nine.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Well played
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Buy this.........

You won't be disappointed!
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
Richard Sanders is responsible for taking a lot of my paycheck recently. I love how easy this is to do and the great reactions that you get for so little work.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Received a few days ago for those who don't like the plot,theres a really cool version with a gambling theme.Jokers being wild.joker turns into a king,then another into an ace.Finally magician needs four of kind aces, two remaining jokers and king transform into the three needed remaining aces.I think if you don't like the concept of you swapping there jokers for yours.Alter the patter to say in the middle ages magicians where scared of being burnt at the stake so to practise there magic with each other.They would sublety mark their jokers etc and so when they changed places only they could see it had happened,rather than changing into kings etc..Also they would make a grabbing jesture and pretend to swap the card like this.Just in case of spying eyes.Today however we have no such fear and can use real magic like this bang . ......Four aces.For the price getting the required gimmick plus dvd with great ideas etc was well worth the 13 uk pounds free shipping from penguin.I knew how it worked like 10 and could have constructed the required gimmick but I wanted to see handling and other ideas and was well worth the price.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I've worked all the routines since this was first released. All are powerful. That said, I think the routine "No Sleights" is the way to go. It's the easiest to carry and perform due to the simplicity of the routine, but as strong as the other routines ( IMHO ). You give them 2 jokers. You turn over the cards you have and spread them to show your 2 jokers. It looks so clean.

Penguin has it with the pack flat free shipping

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3580

No matter which of the routines you perform, you'll have an incredible piece of magic to entertain people with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ACE by Richard Sanders Review (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL