The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Confetti Steals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicByTJ
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of MagicByTJ
Does anyone have any suggestions as to stealing a small packet of confetti off ones person? If tried protruding the confetti onto a pin that was fastened to the inner lining of my coat (similar to a ball dropper) but that made for a not-so-smooth steal and the confetti would end up sticking together. I have also tried paper clips, and flat out putting the confetti in my pocket but that was way sloppy. Looking forward to hearing any suggestions you guys might have! Thanks!
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
What are you going to do with it? How long after you steal it will you be using it? What kind of confetti?
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Dan Tong use to sell a holder that was able to hold many odd shapes. Check his site, I don't know if he still has them.
MagicByTJ
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of MagicByTJ
Opus- Good question, it will be a ball to confetti effect. The confetti will be used almost immediately after it is stolen.
I am planning on using standard snowstorm shaped confetti or maybe even rectangular flutter-fetti.
Plink- Thanks for the info, I will definitely look into it.
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
You might find it easier to load the confetti inside a shell.
MagicByTJ
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of MagicByTJ
AbsoluteZero- I've played around with that idea before, it does work quite nicely when doing multiplications. Although the particular routine I am working on uses zero shells.

Thanks for all the ideas so far, looking forward to seeing more!
MagicByTJ
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of MagicByTJ
Any other ideas floating around out there?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I do an egg to confetti. I fill a blown egg with confetti, crush the egg and the eggshell mixes well with the confetti. You could use the idea of a small egg as a holder and use it for the confetti production. The audience need never know of the egg.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
MagicByTJ
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of MagicByTJ
Harry Murphy- Thanks for the idea, I had someone else mention that idea to me as well.

I'm more so just looking for a sure fire way to steal just straight confetti that will be ready to at a moments notice. Maybe a new holder of some sort?

-TJ
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Well since no idea really seems to work for you it looks like cardboard and duct tape and just plain experimentation. You'll have to develop something totally unique to fit your very specific needs. That's how most magic accessories are invented in the first place, to fit a specific application. Good luck!!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I think those coin holders--those ones that hold three or five 50 cent pieces--might work.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
The biggest problem we have here is that we don't know your prop placement nor your body movement at the time you need the confetti

my good friend Jay Mattioli just steals the confetti right out of his back pocket. but its covered by movement
motion covering motion.

when I steal confetti and by the way I do recommend uses snow loads. I use it and have what I need wrapped in a small tissue paper type of packet that I make. during my routine I steal it and then drop it down my sleeve. then a few moments later I tilt my arm down and catch the packet in my hand bringing it up and breaking it at the same time to meet my other hand with the item I want to vanish/produce etc.

by dropping it down my sleeve I am one step ahead of the audience.

of course this works for MY routine but I have no idea if it would help you as I don't know your routine.

the other idea I had was - I had a pocket put in my sleeve with a velcro release and then moment I wanted confetti I had similar to a dove loop there that I could grab and the confetti would be released by the movement of my arm and hand.

hope these ideas help and yes you have my permission to use them. Smile

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Michael P Lair has an excellent way of stealing a load of confetti in I believe in his Candles DVD. I do not want to tip the method since I really don't know if it his method or someone else's. Michael is a great guy with some really good dvds so you might want to check him out on his website; http://www.lairmagic.com/index.html

David
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
I recommend just a good misdirection steal. You produce a object with your other hand and steal the confetti from your pocket. Or load the confetti to back of a card.

RJH
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
A very short pocket can hold larger confetti that hangs our over the top of the pocket

martini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Confetti Steals (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL