The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Most plausable cryptid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Bigfoot? Nessie? Chupacabras? The Almas? Yeti? Champ? Old Shuck?

Who do you concider the most plausible?

My vote is for Black Shuck having seen him a number of times with Nessie my aquatic friend is a close second.

Cheers,
Art.
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
WitchesHat
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of WitchesHat
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Ahh good old Ogy! Many a night have myself, Ogy & Nessie meet up for a pint or two of dragons blood Smile

Cheers,
Art.
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Depends what you would accept as being the cryptid. There are various descriptions of all the beasts you mention, with varying powers sometimes associated with them. Old Shuck is perhaps the clearest example of that. Would you accept proof of a pack of large, black, and scary dogs as proof of Old Shuck or does it need to be a one-eyed harbinger of death?

But staying in the spirit of the OP I would answer this way: In the commonly accepted form of all those listed, none of them are plausible at all. Still, I have fun with these at times, particularly the horror-cryptids like Old/Black Shuck.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Quote:
On 2013-07-08 07:17, Garrette wrote:
Would you accept proof of a pack of large, black, and scary dogs as proof of Old Shuck or does it need to be a one-eyed harbinger of death?

One-eyed harbinger of death!! Mwahahahahahaha

Cheers,
Art.
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Well, in that case, it's definitely plausible.

Cheers, too
Professor Marvel
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Professor Marvel
None. A cryptic of any large size would need a breeding population large enough to sustain an ongoing population. Not discovering many live or dead examples of the creature makes the concept implausible.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
391 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Djin
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Djin
Years ago I knew a zoo keeper who had an interest in crypto zoology. Being an educated man with a practical knowledge of a wide variety of animals gave him a very grounded perspective. He said that the bulk of what is described is hype, but he also kept an open mind to the possibility that myths may be built on some shred of truth. He had a theory about Nessie, Champ and other water cryptids. He suggested that there may be some large flat worm type creatures. Eye witnesses being notoriously unreliable and stories being larger than life, a big flat worm could look like something much more than it is. Being boneless, remains would not last long which would plausibly explain a lack of any recovered body.

It struck me as a good theory. As good as any and more likely than a modern, living dinosaur.

I think a water cryptic of some sort is the most plausible because of the vastness of the world's waters. A big mollusk or worm would fit the sea serpent bill, so there's my vote.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Giant squid.... Smile

Sasquatch?

Or my personal favourite, De Loy's Ape! Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Jackalope. Mounts everywhere. Vermin, really.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Most plausable cryptid (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL