We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2013 entrée: Jolly Roger » » Welcome to the Magic Café Roger! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
When do you perform there, and what are the shows like in the theater? You obviously keep busy doing 300 shows a year. Do you plan to slow down on going out to that many shows, and put efforts into having people come to the theate? As you know I travel a lot, and if you are doing theater shows I would love to attend!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 10:28, Starrpower wrote:
When do you perform there, and what are the shows like in the theater? You obviously keep busy doing 300 shows a year. Do you plan to slow down on going out to that many shows, and put efforts into having people come to the theate? As you know I travel a lot, and if you are doing theater shows I would love to attend!


Actually, Starrpower, the Sedona Magic Theatre is mainly for my own use. I own two properties in Sedona, and the house next to mine is a rental. It is the self standing garage at that property that has been converted into a theatre. I sometimes put on little shows there for guests, and I one day hope to organize a mini convention in Sedona, with my theatre as the headquarters. It is a beautiful part of the country! I would like to post photos of the theatre on here, but I don't know how to do it. Maybe someone could help. I tried Photobucket, but that didn't work.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/......0183.jpg

My Magic Theatre in Sedona, with your truly on stage!!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Can someone kindly tell me how I can post the above image so you all see the pic? Thanks! Here are more pics:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/......0186.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/......0172.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/......0176.jpg
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
Ahh, that's just how I remember the theatre. Smile
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Good heavens John!!! How wonderful to see you on here! Yes, Kimmo and his delightful wife Barmy Bella paid a visit to Sedona earlier this year. Only very special guests are allowed to experience the theatre first hand, and this honour was bestowed on these two talented individuals from north of Watford Junction. As they know, one of the major vortices on the planet goes right through the building, so they were able to witness the magical energy!
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Roger, use the attachment opton at the bottom of the posting form. Thank you, my friend!
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Interesting. I titled my show "The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen" a couple weeks ago. I SWEAR I hadn't heard of your title until tonight!

I guess great minds think alike!



Quote:
On 2013-06-28 21:47, Jolly Roger wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 21:24, Dynamike wrote:
Are you planning to put together a video where us magicians can learn from?


Yes indeed! I have my first video coming out to coincide with my lecture at Kidabra in August. It includes a live performance of me at a library this summer. The title is "Magic and Mayhem with Jolly Roger". I talk all about the bits of business that are almost more important in a kids show than the tricks! I will also be exposing my famous "Cloth of Invisibility" on the DVD!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 21:25, Starrpower wrote:
Roger, use the attachment opton at the bottom of the posting form. Thank you, my friend!


I don't see any attachment option.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I've read the Jolly Roger's older Café posts and love them. Always informative, very helpful. A true embodiment of "Magicians Helping Magicians"!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 06:39, Zombie Magic wrote:
I've read the Jolly Roger's older Café posts and love them. Always informative, very helpful. A true embodiment of "Magicians Helping Magicians"!


Glad you enjoyed them Zombie! I must read them again myself lol! By the way, do I know you? As you saw me performing at that restaurant all those years ago, it occurs to me that you probably live in Arizona.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 01:16, Jolly Roger wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 21:25, Starrpower wrote:
Roger, use the attachment opton at the bottom of the posting form. Thank you, my friend!


I don't see any attachment option.



Look in the photo (which I attached with the attachement option). See the little text box in the lower left? The one that says "Attachment" above it? That's it.

Click here to view attached image.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Hello Starrpower. Thanks! Yes, I have finally discovered that. However, how do you post a larger picture like James Munton recently did?
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Try the image tag. I don't know how to disply it without the site thinking I am trying to post an image. It is a square bracket (next to the P on your keyboard) then the letters IMG followed by the closing bracket(two keys over from P). Then, insert the online location of your image file . Close this out with the closing image tag, which is the square bracket, then forward slash, IMG, then closing bracket! Whew!


Now that we have that settled, I would like to know what it's like to relocate to another country and start from scratch. What advice do you have for someone who wants to successfully relocate to a new city, state, or country?
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Here's an example, JR:

Click here to view attached image.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 22:42, Starrpower wrote:
Try the image tag. I don't know how to disply it without the site thinking I am trying to post an image. It is a square bracket (next to the P on your keyboard) then the letters IMG followed by the closing bracket(two keys over from P). Then, insert the online location of your image file . Close this out with the closing image tag, which is the square bracket, then forward slash, IMG, then closing bracket! Whew!


Now that we have that settled, I would like to know what it's like to relocate to another country and start from scratch. What advice do you have for someone who wants to successfully relocate to a new city, state, or country?




Thank you so much for your technical support Starrpower. I am pretty computer illiterate, but I will try that!

Now....to your excellent question. I arrived in Phoenix Arizona on a one way ticket from London in July 1992 with my wife and three children. Neither my wife or I knew anyone in that city. I had some money in my pocket and my talent. That was it!!! I believed in the American dream, and I have lived it ever since. Within days of my arrival, I called up the local Newspaper and told them I had arrived! They had no idea who I was, but I made myself out to be terribly important. I explained that I had entertained the young Prince William etc., and with a bit more name dropping, a journalist decided I was worth interviewing, but he wanted to see me at a show. I had no shows in my diary, so I created one. My daughter was starting at a pre-school, so I did a free show for them, and the journalist came along. He was so excited, and had never seen anything like it. We went off to a coffee shop, and he interviewed me for 3 hours! It became a front page story. The phone never stopped ringing, and I have never stopped working since I arrived. That is a brief summary of my story!!! More to come....
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I have heard you extol the virtues of the 2-hour kid's show, they way it's done in England. Did you do that in the show you mentioned at the pre-school? Do you do that at parties? Why or why not?
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-07-01 22:32, Starrpower wrote:
I have heard you extol the virtues of the 2-hour kid's show, they way it's done in England. Did you do that in the show you mentioned at the pre-school? Do you do that at parties? Why or why not?


I only do the two hour package with games and magic at birthday parties and occasionally events like company picnics where they request a longer show. For daycares and pre-schools I either do a 45 minute or a one hour show, depending on their budget.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 08:44, Jolly Roger wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 06:39, Zombie Magic wrote:
I've read the Jolly Roger's older Café posts and love them. Always informative, very helpful. A true embodiment of "Magicians Helping Magicians"!


Glad you enjoyed them Zombie! I must read them again myself lol! By the way, do I know you? As you saw me performing at that restaurant all those years ago, it occurs to me that you probably live in Arizona.


We've met, a long time ago. I was part of a group of underground mentalists in the 80's-90's. You're a talented, generous fellow and it's good to see you back on The Café!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 04:56, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 08:44, Jolly Roger wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 06:39, Zombie Magic wrote:
I've read the Jolly Roger's older Café posts and love them. Always informative, very helpful. A true embodiment of "Magicians Helping Magicians"!


Glad you enjoyed them Zombie! I must read them again myself lol! By the way, do I know you? As you saw me performing at that restaurant all those years ago, it occurs to me that you probably live in Arizona.


We've met, a long time ago. I was part of a group of underground mentalists in the 80's-90's. You're a talented, generous fellow and it's good to see you back on The Café!


Interesting. I did hear about an elite group of mentalists that used to meet in Phoenix before I came to the valley. I believe Mark Strivings, Lee Earle and Larry Becker were members.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2013 entrée: Jolly Roger » » Welcome to the Magic Café Roger! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL