The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Zig Zag Pop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Can anyone give me any background on the Frank Klein Zig Zag Pop? I have tried contacting Mr.Klein with poor results. Value??? Thanks! http://www.qualitymagicreviews.com/index......k-klein/
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3390 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
FWIW one of Frank's sold on the auction sight last year for $61.00 with only 2 bids.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2565 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Had one many years ago, purchased via Repro Magic in London. Repro used to sell quite of number of items from the USA in the late 1970's.

From what I remember, these were pretty badly made. After a while, once the centre section had been zig-zagged, the top third/section hang down on the other side (due to either it's weight, poor manufacture, or both).

The blades were also made of a very poor, flexible steel plate (sprayed blue on one side for some apparent reason). This meant that once the centre section was pushed out, when coupled with the aforementioned problem, the section didn't sit true on the flimsier, lower blade. This also meant that pushing the section back into place wasn't exactly smooth in operation.

From what I also remember, the lid at the top was also hinged with black felt - adding to the general lop-sided appearance of this prop once it had been 'worked' a few times!

I seem to remember a later version being released whereby the spectator had a choice of any one of 3 different cans; and upon the centre section being pushed out, you could open a small door on this section to show the middle of the can - just as in the original Harbin Zig-Zag illusion.

A nice illusion at the time - but the build quality (for regular use) was pretty atrocious!
Barry Allen

"The Rules of the Sleight-of-Hand Artist, are three and all others are vain; the first and second are 'practice', and the third one is 'practice again'.

Edward Victor 1936
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Thank you both for the information. I've used this for many years in the past and was excited when I saw it on a magic site. Mine seems to be pretty sturdy,no sagging. The blades are brushed aluminum, but the top hinge is felt.Thanks again!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Zig Zag Pop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL