We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The Spanish cups (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1119 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
The best way I've found to give a quick squeeze a cup that's out of round is to sit on a chair and put the cup between your thighs and squeeze you knees together slowly.
You can exert more pressure and its applied more evenly.
To get a cup truly round, you can stack it over a tapered cylinder and tap it's saddle with a rubber mallet - but the cylinder has to be the proper dimensions, and the cup has to be made from something more resilient than .032 brass. Smile
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24209 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
These were fairly easy to "eyeball." The metal is very thin and has no "spring" to it. However, the suggestion about the use of a cylinder is very good. Sometimes a heavy steel cup works fairly well!

BTW, Murphy's has these. The suggested retail is $65.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3530 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have a set of these. Maybe I just got lucky, but mine are fine and I would say these are my favorite set of cups because of the ornate designs. People love checking them out. Granted, they aren't the thickest material, but I find them sturdy enough and I think they are the perfect size. Not too big, not too small. I don't have a ruler, but the load size is about a small to medium size lemon.

KJ
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Cheap isn't always better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The Spanish cups (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL