The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2013 entrée: Jolly Roger » » Diamon Gimmick » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Hi Roger. I consider myself very well posted in the area of mentalism as you know. Many years ago, you alluded to a gimmick which you called a "Diamon" which frankly I have never heard of before in all my years as a mind reader.

Can you elaborate on the details of such a gimmick? Who invented it? What's it used for exactly? If it was so great, why didn't it take off in the world of mentalism? Why have I not read about such a device ever before?

Or was this simply a fabrication taken from an old can of ravioli?

I await your response with bated breath.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Hello Paul. Good to hear from you. How is Toronto and our infamous mutual friend? I don't know much about mentalism. However, I was good friends with the late Tony Corinda, and actually worked in his magic shop in Tottenham Court Road for a while. I also knew Maurice Fogel. He was a member of the BMS in Birmingham, and we would meet there at the Midland Institute and before that at Dr. Johnson House. It was Maurice who used to talk about the Diamon. All I gathered was that it was a kind of Swami gimmick, but had more applications. Something makes me think that you could possibly write on two pads at one time with this gimmick, but I could be wrong. I hope that helps!
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
I am enchanting as always and our mutual friend is as ill-tempered as he always is too.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 01:08, PaulPacific wrote:
I am enchanting as always and our mutual friend is as ill-tempered as he always is too.

No surprise there Paul!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2013 entrée: Jolly Roger » » Diamon Gimmick » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL