We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2013 entrée: Jolly Roger » » Kid Magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roy the Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee, USA
147 Posts

Profile of Roy the Illusionist
I'm 15 years old and have mainly stuck with card magic for a while, but recently I got new pack of Goshman sponges(much better than the other ones I had, not sure what brand those were though), and now I've been gravitating towards kid magic. But the only kid magic supplies I have are sponge balls, some hacky sacks for juggling, and Jay Sankey's Airtight(I attached a link on the bottom of this post if you don't know what Airtight is, it amazes both the kids and the adults around them). Any advice? Any suggestions for "make at home" magic? I tried making a production tube(a small cone inside a large cone with a hidden opening on one end) but it didn't work out so well. Thanks, Roy

P.S. I've been doing magic for about 4.5 years total, seriously for 2.5.
Here is the link: http://www.magicgeek.com/airtight-2379.html
Are you watching closely?
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Roy.............

Even with just a set of sponge balls, you have a great routine for kids. Check out this link, and about half way down you will see my friend James Munton doing a terrific sponge ball routine for kids at a library:

http://haltomcitylibrary.blogspot.com/

Good luck, and remember that the tricks are not that important when you are entertaining children. It is YOU that is important! Focus on your character and personality, and if you are going to entertain children, remember that you are an entertainer first and a magician second!!
Iron Butterfly
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Iron Butterfly
Roy as a 15 year old you have such a wonderful head start. I did not start learning magic until I reached my 40s. Spongeballs was the first thing I ever learned and they are so much fun and pack a punch. You might wish to consider a Benson Bowl routine, which is fairly easy to do once you understand the retention vanishes. The final load is easy once you understand the misdirection.

like Jolly Roger states your personality and presentation are more important then the trick itself. Sounds like you have made a great start.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1656 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
IB......Roy, in my opinion I would wait a few more years before you introduce a Benson Bowl routine into your show. Stick with the spongeballs my friend!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2013 entrée: Jolly Roger » » Kid Magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL