The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Williamson: Ridiculous (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Damocles
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Damocles
It'll be a blast! I'm looking forwars of this dvd set!
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Looks like absolutely NO advantage pre-ordering directly from the producer.

Disappointed in EMC.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Yes absolutely awful from EMC what is the point of preordering nowadays, oh yeah they get hold of your money quicker!!!!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I started watch this last night you guys are in for a real treat the performance is a pleasure to watch and the teaching excellent from what I've seen so far.

I've only skipped around the discs to view my favourite parts, I must control myself and start from the beginning, I think they say there is 10 hours to watch!!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2014-01-18 03:26, Daren wrote:
Yes absolutely awful from EMC what is the point of preordering nowadays, oh yeah they get hold of your money quicker!!!!

I also pre ordered from EMC and have had no updates or product. Its not the end of the world, but it is disappointing service (especially when retailers like Saturn are raising the bar for service..)
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Yeah if I had known this I would of waited, last time ordering from EMC
ambassador365
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of ambassador365
I won't be pre-ordering from EMC ever again. What a drag.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
When will people learn that pre ordering is pointless.

I think the only time it's actually allowed you to get your hands on a sold out item is VAPR.

Only in magic do we see this!

It's shocking that even the producer of this DVD can't deliver on a ore order item. You good people who spent their hard earned cash on this project on a pre order should have this in hand before any dealer.

If however all pre orders received a ...... Gift etc then fair enough, but pre order FOR NO EXTRA REWARD AT ALL = crazy bad!
It's simple these days magic dealers care more about their bottom line rather then good customer service, on personal experience the only one who doesn't act this way is vanishing inc, just a shame they aren't uk based.

It will only ever stop if people actually stop buying pre orders.

Monday morning rant over Smile
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Yes very disappointing to have preordered ages ago and to see the set being advertised and sold from today in my local magic shop - who ordered their stock from Murphy's. Last time I order from EMC as well. No apologies, no explanation ... Nothing! Very disappointing service from a group who are aiming to be one of the Big Boys in magic!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I don't believe there is anything wrong with pre-orders as long as the dealer communicates with their customers so they know timescales, if these go out as can be the case again communication should be good.

It goes without saying that once the item is released they should be on the ball with sending it.

So it's not the pre-order that is bad it's often the service and lack of communication which surrounds it.

On our pre-order items we always give as much information as possible so customers know what to expect and update it with news.

This is a minimum customers should expect and all suppliers should really do the same.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

blackbogle
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of blackbogle
I e-mailed EMC today regarding my order progress and they replied pretty quickly. My order was dispatched on Friday so it should hopefully come in next few days, I don't know the average time it takes to get from Portugal to Scotland by post.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Why should you have to pre order something that isn't limited in numbers?

Pre orders only become beneficial if there is a discount or a special gift, which there never is.

It's suits the dealer - not the consumer.

The magic world is pre order crazy.
John McDonald
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, England, UK
171 Posts

Profile of John McDonald
The benefit was free shipping.
Best wishes John
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
A lot of people like to get the latest thing as soon as it's out or maybe they are a fan of that particular artist etc.

The same sort of thing goes for video games, why stand in a cue at mid-night for the latest game release when there will be shelves full on them next day or maybe a few weeks later if they sell out initially?

Back on topic I'm loving watching this set, I've still not got through it all yet!

This is a masterclass on performance and the teaching and video production is excellent.

We are offering free shipping on this at the moment.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On 2014-01-20 04:20, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
When will people learn that pre ordering is pointless.

I think the only time it's actually allowed you to get your hands on a sold out item is VAPR.

Only in magic do we see this!

It's shocking that even the producer of this DVD can't deliver on a ore order item. You good people who spent their hard earned cash on this project on a pre order should have this in hand before any dealer.

If however all pre orders received a ...... Gift etc then fair enough, but pre order FOR NO EXTRA REWARD AT ALL = crazy bad!
It's simple these days magic dealers care more about their bottom line rather then good customer service, on personal experience the only one who doesn't act this way is vanishing inc, just a shame they aren't uk based.

It will only ever stop if people actually stop buying pre orders.

Monday morning rant over Smile

I Have to agree with you, and after Paul Harris last release it goes to show that there is No Need for Pre Release at all

(1) If an Item is any good there will be plenty in stock within a few weeks

(2) If its not then you have saved your hard earned cash

Having been caught with a pre release which was with all usual excuses took almost 9 months to deliver , I decided Never Again and I have never looked back
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
I pre-ordered this with EMC. I'm stil waiting for it to arrive.

I am very disappointed that EMC did not look after their pre-order customers first and ensure that we had the product in hand before they sent the shipment out to Murphys. It shows they only care about moving product in bulk and not looking after their loyal customers. I emailed them to complain about this and got an apologetic begging response to give them another chance. Their excuse was that because there were production problems they told the dvd replicators to send one shipment direct to Murphy's and one to them. End result, everyone else gets their David Williamson DVD set first! WRONG MOVE EMC! Look after your direct customers FIRST! I see no reason to give them a second chance when there are dealers out there who DO give a crap about customer service.

:mad:
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
Bit **** really! Don't know where my EMC order is or when I'll get it!
michealmachek
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
25 Posts

Profile of michealmachek
This is ridiculous!
jasonmurphy
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of jasonmurphy
I agree, I am also still waiting and this is terrible customer service. If I'd bought from saturn or dude then would have it. I would recommend anyone still waiting to raise a dispute as if you paid when I did then you are close to the 45 day deadline to raise disputes and if it doesn't turn up at all you have no comeback.
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
My EMC order finally arrived just now! I will call of the heavies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Williamson: Ridiculous (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL