The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » He's Not Here - A Chilling Effect From Jamie Daws (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I'm frustrated, I get to my mailbox today to see a vacant sign. I don't leave here till the 24th of july and scheduled them to stop sending mail by the 23rd so now I have to see if I can get it back on before I leave and hopefully get my photos in...
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Another excellent Scary story type effect from Mr Dawes.

This is very easy to do method wise, so you can fully concentrate on the presentation which is the all important part(especially with this type of effect).

Everyone can relate to eyes on a "picture watching & following you". The photos supplied are really good & look old & with use will look even better. The script is just the right length and can be made shorter or longer. I am going to change it slightly to an incident that happened at a B&B at Robin Hoods Bay near Scarborough. This may give Jamie an idea for another effect maybe incorparating pirates lol.

This is a highly recommended release, which done at the right time, could easily be the talking point of the night.The PDF is very clear and up to Jamies usual high standard.

Well done Mr Dawes the king of spooky.

Mike Donoghue
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Mike, thank you for the amazing words!

The response to this has been amazing and I can't wait for everyone to take it out and creep their audiences to the bone!

Equally, I can't wait to bring you the next instalment of the He's Not Here photo collection. The next effect is a totally different revelation. I'm sure you guys will love it!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just got my photosyesterday and have been having a play, super easy to do, I tried it tonight in the bar after I finished my show annd all I can say is that it went over better than I expected. As with everything once I work it a bit more I am certain it will be even better, great effect.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The reactions are really great with this one. Imagine the reactions you get when a card changes from one to another in their hand. Now turn the reaction of astonishment into the reaction of creeped out, you'll fast get the idea! It's quite fun to tell the people your performing for what the building or grounds you are standing in used to be. Cemetery, worshiping ground etc. Go for the gut! mwha!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Great idea Jamie, the Spanish people are a superstious lot anyway, I think old cemetery should freak them out nicely.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
HEY HEY HEY HEY I AM SPANISH SIR!!!!! BUT yeah you are right we believe all of that... LOL brb the LLorona is at the door. LOL
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
"I’ve been here before. Walked this lane. Stood on each and every one of these cobbles. I’ve drifted past this Church nearly every day of my life without knowing what I know now. How can these events just be forgotten? And all that’s left is a Lockett and this old photo. Perhaps it is a good thing I can’t see the horror in their eyes. Perhaps these faceless strangers still walk with me, everyday, telling me their tale in their own way. To me, they will always be The Forgotten".

The Forgotten - The second instalment of the He's Not Here Tales.

More info coming soon! http://www.jamiedaws.co.uk/Shop_HesNotHere.html

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
SCREAM??????????????????????? Update?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Got my pictures in and working on the Handiling, this is a really creepy effect, but I have to give it to Jamie, his help and customer service is second to none. Thanks a lot Jamie for all the help.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Paisa23 como estas, de donde eres. Here on the small(100km long by 70km wide) island of Mallorca, thy are a very superstitious bunch. Even the Hotels have a man come around at the begining of the summer season to cast stones to make sure they have a good season.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Ha ha more news on SCREAM coming soon! I promise! Photos have began hitting the States so hopefully everyone will be receiving them in the next day or so!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Just got mine today Jamie. These images do have an eerie feeling to them. I put them back in the envelope and turned the envelope face side down so they aren't looking at me. Smile
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
They really do! They certainty creeped me out!

Im pleased to announce that the second version of He's Not Here - The Forgotten, will be out this coming week! The image is Wedding related and the story is thus:

Abilene, Texas 1921. Never before have I been so affected by a story. Never before have I been so confused by the actions of one individual. The police said she was mentally unstable. But if this is true, why would the local psychiatric center have released her? The report stated she was not a danger to herself or those around her. Clearly they are not qualified enough to make this diagnosis.

Jon Madison. Her husband on his wedding day. Murdered by his new wife. She must have been disturbed to have placed her family in the Church benches as if they were watching the wedding all over again. The police simply found a photo album and a Lockett. The photo album was full with family photos. However, every image of her husband and children had their faces burnt out of each photo. Morgans face, still remained.

If it teaches you anything, perhaps you never really know who the person is standing besides you...

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 00:43, george1953 wrote:
Paisa23 como estas, de donde eres. Here on the small(100km long by 70km wide) island of Mallorca, thy are a very superstitious bunch. Even the Hotels have a man come around at the begining of the summer season to cast stones to make sure they have a good season.

Muy bien gracias, I am Colombian but live in the states. This is fun to practice , now I need to work out a creepy tale to tell my specs...
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 06:37, JamieD wrote:
They really do! They certainty creeped me out!

Im pleased to announce that the second version of He's Not Here - The Forgotten, will be out this coming week! The image is Wedding related and the story is thus:

Abilene, Texas 1921. Never before have I been so affected by a story. Never before have I been so confused by the actions of one individual. The police said she was mentally unstable. But if this is true, why would the local psychiatric center have released her? The report stated she was not a danger to herself or those around her. Clearly they are not qualified enough to make this diagnosis.

Jon Madison. Her husband on his wedding day. Murdered by his new wife. She must have been disturbed to have placed her family in the Church benches as if they were watching the wedding all over again. The police simply found a photo album and a Lockett. The photo album was full with family photos. However, every image of her husband and children had their faces burnt out of each photo. Morgans face, still remained.

If it teaches you anything, perhaps you never really know who the person is standing besides you...

Jamie Daws

YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT I WANT THIS!!!! But not ill be on the road expect an email soon as this is sent.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The Forgotten is coming along nicely! I've included the photos this time around and I have also given the option to buy refills of the photos! This is a little more technical but again it can be played in a couple of different ways!

I received a lovely quote from Mark Elsdon today in regards to He's Not Here!

"He's Not Here is a killer trick, a Critchlow-esqe piece of magical theatre with a truly surprising climax. It's gone straight into my top 10, my repertoire and my wallet." - Mark Elsdon

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I am using it daily, really gets a great reaction, specially from the ladies.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Cant wait for the forgotten and I'm loving He's Not Here still not read to use it to my specs but love it with this series of horror films coming out.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Finally got my set of pictures, I love then and now looking for the forgotten.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » He's Not Here - A Chilling Effect From Jamie Daws (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL