The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Oversized 3 Shell game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
On an old Abbott and Costello movie there was a routine done with an oversized shell and pea set- almost like the size of coconuts.

I've searched around for this over sized prop, but haven't had luck. Anyone ever seen anything like this on the market? I've went through my catalogs and haven't found anything.

thanks,

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Whit Haydn and Chef Anton's School for Scoundrels offers a set exactly like you are describing. Whit is a member here--PM him for information, or do a search on shells here at The Café and you'll find what people have to say about this set.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
The Jumbo Trade Show Shells consists of three beautiful, heavy plastic shells (8"x6"x2 1/2"), and four dylite green peas (2"), and a dvd explaining and demonstrating a full trade show act with the shells.

You can see our Jumbo Trade Show Shells at:

http://www.chefanton.com/entertain/Newest%20Products.htm
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
You want oversized? Check out
Click Here!
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Thanks, I didn't realize that Whit Haydn's routine was on the jumbo variety. Will check it out.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
I think MM is thinking of the Abbott & Costello routine where the ball (it may have been an orange) falls through a hole in the table under cover of the shell so it can never be found. I think it was from the film "In the Navy". I don't think this was ever a commercially available prop.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The Abbott and Costello bit was an old chestnut from the days of the Berlesque comics.

I believe Paul Daniels had a table made up using a rabbit under a bucket? It was hilarious. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2685 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I believe Frank Garcia had an old publicity photo of
him with large shells.
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Quote:
On 2003-12-05 17:46, Randy wrote:
I think MM is thinking of the Abbott & Costello routine where the ball (it may have been an orange) falls through a hole in the table under cover of the shell so it can never be found. I think it was from the film "In the Navy". I don't think this was ever a commercially available prop.

Randy you were correct- I forgot the name of the movie, they do have a large version on the market now as referenced above. Love those old movies- allot of great material hidden, it just needs to be remembered and found.

MM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Oversized 3 Shell game (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.58 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL