The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sherwood engraved all sterling silver Dai Vernon cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnmagic
View Profile
New user
13419 fitzhugh road austin tx 78736
56 Posts

Profile of johnmagic
I’m Looking for a set of sherwood sterling silver Dai Vernon cups if anyone knows of a set my email is johnmagicwright@msn.com thanks JOHN MAGIC
johnmagic
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of johnmagic
Thank you for moving my to the right post.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Few owners of these cups wish to sell them. You should send an e-mail to Brett asking to be put on his waiting list.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
johnmagic
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of johnmagic
Thanks Bill
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Sent you a pm John.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
995 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I'm after a set of smooth copper Sherwoods, if anyone has any for sale.
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1301 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Brett still has them for sale and they are cheaper than they were a few years ago.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
See the For Sale section today for a set including a matching chop cup.

Cheers,
Jerry
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The price for that set is definitely within reason.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Nice. I responded to johnmagic and we agreed on the sale of some cups. I polished them up, packed and addressed them. I received his check yesterday and notified him that I received it and would mail the cups this morning. This morning he called and asked if I mailed them and I informed him I was going to do it shortly. He then told me his daughter had a car accident and the car needed repairs and if it was okay to back out of the deal. I explained why I would rather not do that and mentioned that I saw others had now posted engraved cups for sale. The call ended with him saying okay. On my way to the post office I received a text saying he put a stop on the check and I can put the cups up on ebay. I've tried to call him twice but he will not answer. Not impressed with johnmagic.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Real piece of work this johnmagicwright. Just got word that he canceled the check to buy the cups from someone else. Calls me with a story about his daughter's car and not even man enough to tell me on the phone that he is canceling his check, just texts me afterwards. Plus he stated he would send a cashiers check and instead it was a personal check. Lame. Set number 4, previously owned by Pete Biro for $2000...he was getting a good deal. Good luck to his next seller!
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
995 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Thanks for the heads up Mitch.
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
kennyka
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of kennyka
If anyone does have a set they are willing to sell, please PM me. I am interested and will NOT back out.
kennyka
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of kennyka
Had some help here locating a seller here on the Café on my behalf, since my posts didn't allow me access to the Buy/Sell forum. I tend to send more PM's, which aren't counted. But, it proves once again that this Café has many people looking out for one another and I was able to buy a set and I didn't back out, as I said. Thanks for the help. It is appreciated and won't be forgotten.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Kennyka--Why don't you make a few more posts? Right now, it will take you 14 posts to qualify for the for sale section as well as the inner secrets section. That's 2 posts a day for a week.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

kennyka
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of kennyka
Hey Bill - I know. I actually tend to not say anything unless I think I am able to make a contribution, more often than not. There's been a few exceptions, however. I am working on it.
TKF
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of TKF
Good points made! (Is this an attempt to bump to 50 for me...?)

I'm not holding my breath, but I heard somewhere that some more sterling silver sets might be coming available in some distant future... Cross some fingers?
kennyka
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of kennyka
I have no doubt that Brett WILL be able to offer them again, but it all depends on the interest. He needs real obligations before he takes on the endeavor since it's not only himself and his reputation, but those he relies on to make it all happen. I'm sure it's pretty costly to line everything up and his standards are pretty high. And, that is a good thing. My fingers are crossed, too because I still need a chop cup to match.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sherwood engraved all sterling silver Dai Vernon cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL