The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Am I the only one using Wanna Flash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I keep seeing magicians using flint rings to set off flash cotton. Am I the only one using the Wanna Flash gimmick?

It has enabled me to put “fire” back into some tricks without the flint wheel motion.

Bob
Smile
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
What is it? Are you saying that it is electric or chemical? Sounds great!
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Jim:
I got it the same place I got your After Burn, Magic Warehouse.
Note: It is not much bigger than the AAA Battery that powers it, with a very nice micro-switch on the end. It takes a nice load of cotton and makes no noise.

The ad shows it being used with a deck of cards, which is misleading as it can be used with anything.

Bob

PS I can never find replacement battery packs for my Afterburn.
Red_Wing_II
View Profile
Regular user
Enchanted Mitten
164 Posts

Profile of Red_Wing_II
This may be more of what I'm looking for. I have been thinking of getting a pen that can ignite the paper, but that would only be useful in some applications. I have heard good and bad about FP Delight and Tie-Tacular. Do you like Wanna Flash for close up or is it just too awkward for that situation?
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
I have seen this Wanna flash performed many times in close up situations. It gets an incredible response and looks great. Try not to burn the hair off an unsuspecting girl's arm though.
Red_Wing_II
View Profile
Regular user
Enchanted Mitten
164 Posts

Profile of Red_Wing_II
Does it use a hobbyshop GP or a special one?
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Red_Wing:

I am not sure what you mean by GP, but if you mean “glow plug” I have never had to replace it. But I understand the glow plugs are available from most places you purchase magic.

(I also don’t know what a person does whose occupation is IT, but it sounds exciting.)
Bob
Smile

Red_Wing:

Yes, I use it mostly for close-up. The handling is very easy for flame out from the finger tips or up from the thumb area. It can also take a substantial about of flash cotton.

Bob
Smile
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hi,

I just received one of the 'Wanna Flash' devices and am wondering what people use it for mostly...

Jamie D. Grant
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
I have never heard of one!
Ste
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Quote:
On 2006-03-15 22:56, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
Hi,

I just received one of the 'Wanna Flash' devices and am wondering what people use it for mostly...

Jamie D. Grant

For flash cotton only.

Bob
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hi Bob,

I was thinking more along the lines of which routines, tricks, etc. you use it with... Have you used yours much?

Jamie D. Grant
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I use it all the time to punch-up a presntation. I keep the cotton in one pocket and the Wanna Flash in another pocket (for safety.)

I just did the Die Box for an older crowd and used the WF when I reached in to pull the "extra" die out of the paper bag.

Bob
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
I got my WF back today from a Café member (thanks!) and I have to say it seems VERY reliable and I think I will be using it often. I have used it to ignite flash cotton, flash paper (with cotton as the ignition, although, as it says, it shouldn't be used, as it doesn't throw it out, but I found if you have the gimmick sideways, it's fine, and allows for PERFECT ditching) and for using sparkle additive in the paper or cotton. This is a VERY well-made product.

I can see the c**l lasting at least a few thousand uses; it isn't the usual ignition source. Does it hold a substantial amount of flash cotton? I don't know about that, I would say it would hold too much. I would never fill that up! And small, yes, very small. It is about twice the size of a AAA battery, and is very self-contained. Press the button, about half a second later, poof!

I am very pleased with my purchase. Smile

Daz
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
How big is the flash/flame?
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Hi,

I would like to ask one simple question....does flash cotton or flash pad work better for wanna flash?

Thanks,
Yujie
never try, never know
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I am not sure what "flash pad" is but the Wanna Flash is made for flash cotton.

Bob
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Thanks!
never try, never know
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I think it'll work for both cotton and paper, but cotton works better.
It's essentially just a self contained glowplug.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Red_Wing_II, take a look at this.

http://005666f.netsolhost.com/p14.html
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
You can get wanna flash here. It is a nice, small, dependable device.

http://005666f.netsolhost.com/p17.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Am I the only one using Wanna Flash (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL