We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Saint Gauden Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic

Anyone have these? They look really good and are dollar size. No shell, but could be used for coins across/Matrix routines.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15508

"Each of these 2013 dated Saint Gaudens design Coins contains 1 Avoirdupois Ounce of .999 Fine Copper, measures 39mm in diameter, and will arrive in Brilliant Uncirculated condition!"
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4191 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Well I would buy a set if they made shells for them.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
A shell would be a BIG plus!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4191 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2013-07-09 19:17, Zombie Magic wrote:
A shell would be a BIG plus!
I agree, otherwise a plethora of matrix/coins across routines would be thrown out the window.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Al Schneider's Matrix uses no shell, neither does MIke Ammar's. I like MIke's because it uses only 2 cards.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jcroop
The copper coins do look nice. On Ebay Morgan Head Dollar Pure Copper coins also look good and are fairly economical if you buy 12.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6724 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have these in morgens.
I also bought the walking liberty
in 1/2 ounce 33mm in diameter.
Works great for non galfed routiens.
Todd
Shadowmoor
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Shadowmoor
Mine are a tiny bit larger in diameter and a tiny bit thicker than Ike silver dollars, and a bit heavier (not too scientific, I know). These are nice to have something different for sleights, but mileage with Okito boxes may vary.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 10:08, Shadowmoor wrote:
Mine are a tiny bit larger in diameter and a tiny bit thicker than Ike silver dollars, and a bit heavier (not too scientific, I know). These are nice to have something different for sleights, but mileage with Okito boxes may vary.

That really helps. THANKS!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I don't do coin work but do collect coins. Saint Gauden is the world's most beautiful coin.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Apparently Saint-Gaudens had problems working with Barber, and with the Mint in general. Interesting.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I picked up a few of these over the summer and really like them. They're just a bit larger and thicker than an Eisenhower dollar ( thanks to Shadowmoor for supplying that info ). I use it for Paul Wilson's "Spellbound To Please" from his Penguin lecture.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
740 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Lately, I've been keeping a St. Gauden coin in my pocket as my "lucky coin" for those on the spot moments of 'show me something'. (I have developed a one coin routine* over the years that uses 5 common coin sleights and was made to serve as a practice piece for myself.) I enjoy the size, weight, and color the most. Seeing that it's a tad wider than Ikes & Morgans and definitely heavier, it makes actually performing with any coin a lot easier. The color & size make it more visible in different lighting. Plus at it's price, it's no issue if a spectator drops it.

Just my two cents.

*I recently saw Kainoa Harbottle has released "Solo", a one coin routine, formerly 'Bachelor Coin Routine'. My routine is similar in theory, but not as elegant. Mine has 5 sleights loosely assembled together as Kainoa's is well routined. Check "Solo" out!
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Saint Gauden Coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL