The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jaque's Cups and Balls Revolution (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Trailer doesn't help ( you can watch Al Schneider, be blown away and have no clue how he did any of it ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......X3Cd3s08

" 5 easy-to-perform and completely new passes. This is truly the New Generation of Cups and Balls. 3 minutes packed full of transformations, transportations and disappearances. Without gimmicks, magnets or any kind of rigging".
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This trailer is absolutely the WORST advertisement I have ever seen for a cups and balls routine.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Café Member Steve Hook found this for us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75drN_5hEcc
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Bill, you never saw the trailer I put together for my routine. Bet it's worse. When you get a chance could you watch the link Zombie posted above this one? The guy has some chops. I don't smell a revolution, but it's an original routine.

Zombie, what did you think of the routine? I'm torn . . .
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
296 Posts

Profile of geemack
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 01:51, Bill Palmer wrote...

This trailer is absolutely the WORST advertisement I have ever seen for a cups and balls routine.

Yep. Years ago when people started making lost-dog posters and garage sale posters with their newly obtained computer poster making software, they checked the list of available fonts and said, "Wow, I'll use that font... and that one... and that and that and that.... and this funny one for the title... and that cute one for numbers..." And playing with fonts became much more important than communicating. "Who cares if nobody can actually read the Old English text? I think it looks cool!" Same thing is happening with video production today. "Those effects plug-ins came with the video software and by golly I'm going to use them... all of them!"

When someone is trying to sell something and gives it no higher regard than a garage sale, I'm willing to accept their assessment of its value. Smile

Greg
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Te second video was TERRIFIC... Well done. Thanks for posting.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I actually liked the second video, nice flow, some interesting sleights, not sure if I need to buy the dvd with all what I already have, but it could work for somebody else.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 02:51, Zombie Magic wrote:
Café Member Steve Hook found this for us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75drN_5hEcc

Looks pretty good. A little too jerky/hand washy to me though. Just my personal performance preference.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
I agreed the advertisement was over done on the software plug-ins. But I thought the performance video was very good.
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Loved the routine, didn't like the constantly provocative attitude of the performer.
Very interesting blend of Ross Bertram cup revolving in the hand to screen or load a ball (that I had already used in Magic From France in The Joe Stevens Greater Magic Video Library) completed wth a hand to hand toss a la Johnny Paul. Either Jaque reinvented it or rediscovered this forgotteen technique by Ross Bertram. CThe structure of the routine is definitely original and supplies the deception that Jaque expected.

So sincere congratulations on the routine with regrets on the acting and showmanship. As Dai Vernon used to highlight: "when there is challenge, there is no magic"
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
159 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
I saw nothing in the first video – worst like any others product videos.
But the second is really smooth.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I will most likely buy this, from what I see on the second video.
I saw the first video earlier this week and had the same reaction as you guys.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
Typos (rutinne) and bad grammar (prepare to be witness) in the trailer, but a nice routine in the second video. This was edited by someone who didn't see or trust in the magic of the performance and wanted to make it flashy to make it sell. I don't blame the magician, I blame the video person.
Scott Jenkins
Magician Member of the AMA
Joe Porper's partner!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This is definitely a much better video. If I felt that I could do this and look natural with it, I would buy it.

Nice work!

Quote:
On 2013-07-11 03:58, kentfgunn wrote:
Bill, you never saw the trailer I put together for my routine. Bet it's worse. When you get a chance could you watch the link Zombie posted above this one? The guy has some chops. I don't smell a revolution, but it's an original routine.

Zombie, what did you think of the routine? I'm torn . . .
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I didn't care for it. The revolving and tossing are overused, and it becomes obvious what's going on after a while. A lot of the same moves repeated. The color changing ball was good. So was the first load. I'd call his manner more self-satisfied. (Aren't I clever? Bet that one fooled you.)
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Quote:
On 2013-07-13 09:44, Ray Haining wrote:
I didn't care for it. The revolving and tossing are overused, and it becomes obvious what's going on after a while. A lot of the same moves repeated. The color changing ball was good. So was the first load. I'd call his manner more self-satisfied. (Aren't I clever? Bet that one fooled you.)

That's exactly how I felt.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I also meant to say that the splitting of the single cup into two was good. I didn't see that one coming.
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I just saw the complete routine and I think I saw a couple moves that are so nice and nit that it’s a crime to overdo them….(may be it’s just my taste)
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I agree with the general flow of opinion here: acting is too challenging, some nifty sleights done very smoothly, many bits overdone and repetitious. On the whole I would also add that it's a bit long and could use some structure. Quite "gymnastic" - reminds of most Hindu routines - jumpy and seemingly random in what comes next.

I'm starting to think that a good C&B routine is like a puzzle or clever riddle: the elements are clear and easily understood; it's how they are assembled that teases the mind.
Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
I saw the second trailer first and was immensely impressed. I saw the first trailer when I went to buy the dvd and was immediately talked out of it. Lots of good ideas though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jaque's Cups and Balls Revolution (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL