The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Levitation and demons (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
My stream dropped but ...

On this forum I know that we have:

two Eastern Orthodox priests who are magicians (one of them is a menber of the staff here).
One Roman Catholic priest who is a magician
quite a few ordained Protestant ministers who are magicians
a number of Catholic and Protestant lay ministers.

Andre Kole is closely associated with the Protestant Campus Crusade for Christ - known now as CRU
Also we have/had in magic:

Brother John Hamman, S.M.
Father Cyprian Murray
Father Roger Crosthwaite

I wish I had the opportunity to listen to Joe's rebuttal; perhaps I will try again tomorrow.

It saddens me that this columnist refuses to do a little research. Also, he mentions pharaoh's magicians in the OT. These men - named in the NT by St. Paul - were not magicians in the sense that we are. They were sorcerers. There were other gaping holes in the columnist's argument but, I think it wise not to point them out because these holes in reasoning - if I explained why they were problematic - would anger a lot of people here, so, I'll just stick to what I heard. The columnist mentions Christian illusionists and states that these illusionists are far from being under the influence of the supernatural. Yet his argument concerning that presupposes that he can tell the difference between magic as an art and the practicing of sorcery. Clearly this is not the case when he speaks of card through window as possibly being supernatural.

Brother Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake on 17 February 1600 after being found guilty of heresy by the Inquisition for positing that the Sun is a star and the earth and the other planets orbit it. Brother Giordano also conjectured an infinite universe with other planets. So, what this columnist writes is not so very different than the pronouncement that sent a man of God to a horrific death 413 years ago.

It is reassuring my sisters and brothers that the consensus here is that the columnist is clearly off base. What worries me however is that he and others who believe that what we do is of Lucifer or other supernatural means are spreading a lie, i.e, bearing false witness to others.

I have had run ins with Jehovah's Witnesses (yes I know they are not Christians) and magic is forbidden to them whether watching it or performing it. I have asked this of them and I would ask this Lutheran columnist the same (N.B.: I know that he does not officially represent either body of Lutheranism in America): If I could do real magic, do you really think I would need you to "pick a card?"

I would love to have this man's address. I would send him a copy of a beginner's magic book and pray that after he read it, he would see that what we do is very natural and in fact is a gift from our loving Father just as other talents are. I would ask this man if he watches films because is illusion.

Ignorance has been the cause of great calamities in humanity's history and yet our Heavenly Father has given us the gift of intelligence and refusal of such gifts does not honor our God.

God loves this columnist and I pray that this man will come to understand that top changes, palms, passes, and what not are not supernatural.

+Humbly in Christ our True God together with our Loving Father and life creating Holy Spirit,
Vlad
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2432 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 20:21, Vlad_77 wrote:
God loves this columnist and I pray that this man will come to understand that top changes, palms, passes, and what not are not supernatural.

I expect there will be a few responses like "that's just what Satan gets you to believe."
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 23:38, rossmacrae wrote:
Quote:

I expect there will be a few responses like "that's just what Satan gets you to believe."

I agree Ross - sad but true.
J-L Sparrow
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of J-L Sparrow
Here's a page I found recently that links to the "The Illusion That Seduces and Bewitches Magicians" article (mentioned above in the first post):

"Insane! Demon Magicians! Yif, Hans Klok, Cyril, and Dynamo! Are They Involved With The Occult?"

http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/2014......732.html

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I can't seem to find who authored this piece. I don't know if it was written by Dan Delzell, but the writer evidently agrees with him.

The video in the article shows some really talented illusionists.
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
The "author" page kind of looks like a banner ad toward the top of the webpage. I think the article's author is Lisa Haven. Articles like this tempt me to explain the Balducci Levitation, but I doubt it would do any good. I believe our prayers are needed so we may all fight evil where it actually is.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
It seems that ignorance is not just limited to one denomination or Christian Church.

Catholic says decline in religious belief means we need more exorcists. Maybe they can exercise magicians. Smile
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew......ics.html

Even yoga, according to Vatican chief exorcist is the work of the devil

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......her.html

An watch out! Chief exorcist says Devil is in the Vatican.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew......can.html

The Priest at my local Catholic Church loves magic. I even taught him a few tricks.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Quote:

Wouldn't someone have to reveal top changes, palming, passes, and what not for them to know it's not supernatural? How can they see palming, passes, double lifts, or any sleight of hand techniques? Smile

I think you say it best though Vlad. God does love the columnist, and we should pray for him.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Levitation and demons (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL