The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Who are the HOTTEST eBook authors (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
If you have ever wondered who the best-selling eBook authors are, then Chris at Lybray.com has made it easy. He has just implemented a new feature on his home page. It list the top 20 hottest authors. To be on this list, is not just a choice of his. It is done by the computer. The computer keeps track of all the sales on the site and determines which authors have the highest amount of book sales. The person with the most book sales on site naturally achieves the coveted position of number 1. It doesn't matter how many books an author has out. It matters if people are buying them and how many or being sold.

The list of the top 20 best selling authors of eBooks is very interesting. Even Annemann is on the list because people still buy his books from Lybrary.com Aldo Columbini is at position 2 with over 200 eBooks available from the list.

A tip of the hat to Chris for making this information available. It lets you cut thru the advertising hype and see who is really selling a ton of books.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11516 Posts

Profile of John C
Makes sense but only books at lybrary can participate. On my site for example my ebooks are all in the number one spot. Very competitive.
J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Lybrary.com is the LARGEST magic download site today with thousands of authors with tens of thousands of books available. This information can be valuable.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2986 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Or, you can take the opposite approach - why buy e-books that everyone else is buying unless you want to become a clone magician or a cookie-cutter magician? Be original and choose "Do-It-Yourself Magic" e-Books from The Magic Nook that you can individualize until you are truly the unique magician you want to be.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1077 Posts

Profile of Chris
What our customers do with that information is of course entirely up to them. Items that sell well typically also mean that the product is worth your money. Customers are happy, the effect is strong, novel, or the information is valuable, unique, etc. If you do not like items which are popular then of course one can also use this to steer clear of the bestsellers. At the Lybrary we currently have almost 4000 download products for the magician and mentalist. I can guarantee you that there are also many items which are hidden gems that very few have discovered and even fewer are putting to use in their performances.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Quote:
On 2013-07-15 10:04, jimgerrish wrote:
Or, you can take the opposite approach - why buy e-books that everyone else is buying unless you want to become a clone magician or a cookie-cutter magician? Be original and choose "Do-It-Yourself Magic" e-Books from The Magic Nook that you can individualize until you are truly the unique magician you want to be.

LOL. Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason. Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2832 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 13:42, Devin Knight wrote:
It lets you cut thru the advertising hype....

:innocent:
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2879 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Well said, Chris. Lybrary offers a wide variety of magic.
I j
InstantMagicBen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of InstantMagicBen
Quality not quantity should be the decider!
Rogerbest
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Rogerbest
I bought my first ebook at Lybrary.com many years ago...
I bought one yesterday...

Quality + Quantity + Service = LYBRARY.COM

I wrote to Chris, he wrote me back...
I called Chris, he answered the phone...
Chris is number 1 on my list.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-07-15 10:04, jimgerrish wrote:

An argument I simply cannot get my head around. So if I buy any book or video I am a cookie cutter magician? Your argument presupposes that by reading any book - hardcover or e-book - that the reader merely mimics. Michael Vincent has stated that he has been profoundly influenced by Harry Loryane. Bill Malone's big influence is Ed Marlo. Yet Malone and Vincent are not cookie cutter magicians. I am the magician I want to be because I have had the best teachers in the world: the words of all of the magicians who have chosen to teach me through the printed word and each and every one of them EXPECTS me to be the magician I want to be.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2879 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Good points Vlad. I recall being in Al's Magic one day and Scotty York came in and bought both volumes of the Alex Elmsley books. Scotty York was no "cookie cutter"
magician.
I j
Pomyles
View Profile
New user
Here
73 Posts

Profile of Pomyles
Quote:
I can guarantee you that there are also many items which are hidden gems that very few have discovered and even fewer are putting to use in their performances.

So true ! There are very strong effects well hidden in some unkown e-books.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Who are the HOTTEST eBook authors (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL