The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Magicians and the USDA -- rabbit disaster plans? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
Here's an interesting article from today's Washington Post -- http://tinyurl.com/pnffptc -- I understand the need to protect the safety and security of rabbits and doves -- but this is a bit far, no?
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Government overreach is getting to a critical level.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
If you were writing this as a comedy sketch it would seem kinda dumb, however this is actually true which makes this HYSTERICAL!!!!

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
This is what I posted over on Facebook:

I heard that they are making a sequel to "Sharknado." In the sequel, titled "Rabbitnado", Marty Hahne and a bunch of other magicians lose their rabbits in a tornado, despite the disaster plans stacked on top of the cages trying to weigh them down, and the rabbits rain down on the USDA politicians in Washington. Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I wonder if this law was written when an official saw the vicious rabbit in the "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" movie. There was a killer rabbit protection the holy grail.

Love your post Donald.

Click here to view attached image.
Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Absolutely love this video:
http://hartzler.house.gov/video-gallery

Rabbit story gets more unbelievable! Missouri Congresswoman Vicki Hartzler (and she's not even in my district) went down to the floor of the house and went after the USDA on Marty Hahne's behalf!
Dennis Michael
Crownhart
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Crownhart
Wow! My daughter owns a Netherlands dwarf rabbit, KaZoo and offered to let me use it in any of my shows (just so she could own one). I have not used it in a show to date and now I wonder if I will. Does this law stretch into Arizona? Arizona does not get along with the United States government very well. They don't play well together. Thanks for the laugh... and the homework to check on Az's regulations.
SinCIRCUSly,

Michael C. Crownhart
jclightman
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jclightman
This is an interesting read for sure.

When I first got into performing, I used a rabbit in an Easter show. It was a borrowed bunny. I loved the idea of a rabbit, and over the years have considered it. It seems these days it is just not worth it.
Amro
View Profile
New user
Room 217
51 Posts

Profile of Amro
Loved the article. Smile Specially this part:
“You’re telling me I can kill the rabbit right in front of you,” Hahne says he asked an inspector, “but I can’t take it across the street to the birthday party” without a license?
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Note: This is still making news, just a few weeks ago, saw a bit about it in the local paper!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Magicians and the USDA -- rabbit disaster plans? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL