We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Electro DVD by Joshua Burch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
First I've heard of this.

It's a Penguin Cool Box Deal today:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3362

It says no gimmicks, no push through shuffles, no forces and no faro shuffles required?

I'm stumped.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
518 Posts

Profile of dman11
For $5 I took the "plunge"
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It says it can also be done with 1 deck.

Also, it's a P3 ( Practice, Practice, Perform ) release. They had LokI's FAX, Jon Alen's Connection and John Carpenter's All In, etc.
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Welcome to the P3 gang haha Smile This looks great.
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
I don't really see how this is a magician fooler, but it doesn't have to be.

The effect doesn't really appeal to me, however. Somehow, I feel that it's a less direct version of Triumph or Red/Black Separation.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4191 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 11:59, Doctor D wrote:

The effect doesn't really appeal to me, however. Somehow, I feel that it's a less direct version of Triumph or Red/Black Separation.
I'd have to agree, there are better alternatives to this ableit this is not a bad option.

It seems impossible with the shuffling of the two decks, sadly there are only two phases.

1. Unmixed
2. Found your cards

Maybe a slight variation of showing them face up would make this better, so..

Deck is face up, you spread to show two different cards face down

They are shown to be the selections

The face up cards are turned face down to be shown from different piles, or vice versa.

1) Two cards are isolated, 2 cards appear face down
2) Selections are shown
3) Deck is shown unmixed

Or switch the 2 and 3. I think that would make this a stronger effect for me.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4615 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 13:10, Blindside785 wrote:
Quote:

I'd have to agree, there are better alternatives to this ableit this is not a bad option.

It seems impossible with the shuffling of the two decks, sadly there are only two phases.

1. Unmixed
2. Found your cards

The face up cards are turned face down to be shown from different piles, or vice versa.

2) Selections are shown
3) Deck is shown unmixed

I agree- not very impressive. Might fly past layman.

RNK
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
255 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
I hope someone will post a review anyway when they get it.
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 11:55, Zombie Magic wrote:
Cash, you're at P2. One more repeat post to be P3!

:sun:

Oops haha Smile that was an accident. I would repeat but idk if I would get in trouble (welcome to the P3 gang) lol
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 15:31, DavidKenney wrote:
What I'd like to know is this original material? Or is it a bound book of his previous releases. i.e. The Card Cheat Handbook, Deceptions, Thoughts of a Madman etc. BTW, I am pretty sure "E" is going to sell it soon - so no need to buy it from the U.K.

Is this about the new DM video where it is a DVD version of HTCAC?
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
Hey guys sorry bout the slow response!

"It says it can also be done with 1 deck."

The one deck version can be used as a follow up to the two deck version, the effect is different. I present it as a display of skill or a faux gambling expose. The play by play goes like this. The deck is split into red and black a red and black card are chosen and returned back to their piles. I talk about how a gambler doesn't really mix up the cards as they shuffle, I do a very obvious push through shuffle and show that the piles were never mixed. When they assume that was it you show that their selections have changed places.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
Quote:

Yeah it's not necessarily a magician fooler but it doesn't use the classic solutions for example, the push though shuffle, or Zarrow shuffle. Those who are familiar with the classic triumph may be thrown off. You're right though it doesn't have to be a magician fooler to be good.

As far as it being a less direct version of triumph and oil and water I disagree. The way I prefer to perform it is as an open triumph, you show the cards mixed in a fan, square them up and immediately ribbon spread displaying the separation. They included a version that ended cleaner in the trailer instead.

It's definitely not for everyone but it has served me well Smile
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 13:10, Blindside785 wrote:
Quote:

1. Unmixed
2. Found your cards

2) Selections are shown
3) Deck is shown unmixed

Interesting take, so would you shuffle one deck face up into the other face down deck? I like your thinking. I might play with that idea...
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Goatears, can you tell us a bit more about what's on the DVD?
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
This is my first project on card magic and I hope you find something that suits you! If you have any questions please ask away!

In the main effect you have a selection taken from a blue as well as a red deck they are noted and returned to their respective decks. The decks are shuffled together, shown mixed and immediately the cards un-mix with the exception of the selections. You get to involve multiple spectators, the startling reveal of a stranger card in each deck (ala Chicago opener), the immediate un-shuffling of a shuffled deck (ala open triumph) and a clean separation of red and blue cards (ala oil and water). Plus this uses regular decks of cards without any gimmicks and while it requires a moderate set up you are left virtually clean at the end and can move on with your regular set.

There is a handling for a single deck that you can perform on the fly with a similar effect. For this handling you will learn an original utility move of mine that you can use to force or switch a card that will come in handy in other routines.

You will also receive a unique variation on Electro with photographs that can presented as an eerie, piece of visual mentalism with a sweet kicker ending. I'm excited to see how magicians personalize this and make it their own.

As an extra bonus you will learn how to cheat at solitaire. The spectator shuffles a deck of cards, you show them the faces and with out any sleight of hand you or the participant begin to deal a perfect game of solitaire. This is completely hands off, the spectator does it all, it fools magicians and laymen and instantly resets. I think that it is one of the easiest demonstrations of card cheating around and you can go directly into the single deck version after performing instant solitaire if you'd like.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 16:15, Matthew_Majere wrote:
Quote:
What I'd like to know is this original material? Or is it a bound book of his previous releases. i.e. The Card Cheat Handbook, Deceptions, Thoughts of a Madman etc. BTW, I am pretty sure "E" is going to sell it soon - so no need to buy it from the U.K.

At some point sometimes these posts seem like another language, or like to truckers on a CB.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Robvs, we got us a few wind jammer's 'round here, so just mash your motor until you can ease into the rockin' chair. Keep the wheels spinning and the Bevaers grin'in, I'm clear.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On 2013-07-18 01:45, Robvs wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 16:15, Matthew_Majere wrote:
Quote:

At some point sometimes these posts seem like another language, or like to truckers on a CB.

Daniel Madison has a book called How to Cheat at Cards. The deleted post was asking about the new video from Madison.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
Here's a raw uncut version of the main effect

http://www.youtube.com/edit?ns=1&video_id=uRHhdsCd87k
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of goatears
Woops that was the wrong link there :/ sorry!

Here's the link I meant to post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRHhdsCd8......=mh_lolz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Electro DVD by Joshua Burch (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL