The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Is this overkill? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Hello everybody. I was thinking of doing a borrowed bill in lemon in nest of boxes routine with each revelation topping the last, with a big comedy angle to it. Any advice? Or is this just overkill?

Pete
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Well, the plots are somewhat different ... with the nest it's an object magically getting through all those layers of packaging, with the lemon the object gets into the middle of a solid piece of fruit -- one of several, frequently. The layers provide the drama for the first, the solidity provides the drama for the second. Can't say I see any benefit in combining them.

For one thing, if you can do both, you've got two effects you can alternate for different shows. Combine them & you've only got one.
TheGreatDane
View Profile
Regular user
White Plains, NY
183 Posts

Profile of TheGreatDane
Fruit tends to be the same size too -- you'd have to have something like a lemon inside of a cantaloupe inside of a watermelon. Not apt to fit in your close up case. Smile
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream." ~Vincent Van Gogh
eric_e
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of eric_e
I have a write-up somewhere of a trick like this that I think involves a walnut inside an egg inside a lemon inside an orange, or so it appears to the audience. The borrowed object, a ring in this case, ultimately appears in the walnut, and the spectator can crack the nut open to find it, which is cool, but as you've likely guessed, it's one of those tricky briefcase or coat pocket loading situations that I've never liked. I think that with enough thought, though, a more streamlined, predictably fast loading process could be created, which could make it a killer trick.
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
Paul Daniels does something similar to the above description. I think it was inside a walnut, inside an egg, inside a lemon.
He first magically makes them penetrate inside each other. Its one of his greatest routines.
Tommy Wonder also does an appearing canary in a similar way.
Giles
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Giles
Paul Daniels' performance of this was great, (admittedly, I have not seen it performed elsewhere). It's very simple, extremely visable and beautifully magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Is this overkill? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL