The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ricky Jay - New Documentary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I like Ricky Jay and the work he does, but there is no closed-captioning for this documentary, and therefore I won't be watching.
Fungineer
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
I just checked Amazon, and the DVD will be released on November 5. You can pre-order too. I'm looking forward to seeing this.
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Thanks Fun! Since I cant make the only screening in Chicago, I put my through my preorder.
Darcy Brown
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Darcy Brown
Where would we be without Amazon?
A curse of living in Australia – a great, obscure film such as this is rarely screened here (and if they are, it’s usually in an art-house cinema in a blink-or-you’ll-miss it season). This wasn’t even programmed at any festivals this year, as far as I know.
MagicOzzy
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
118 Posts

Profile of MagicOzzy
On iTunes...
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-09-20 01:23, MagicOzzy wrote:
On iTunes...

But only in the USA! Grrrrr

Will pick it up in November on DVD.
john Graybeal
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of john Graybeal
Yeah watching it now on iTunes.

John
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Hey John, were you on the road for four days recently? Smile
Fungineer
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
Speaking of Amazon USA vs. other countries...this has happened to me too, even though I'm in the USA.

For example, I believe the DVD for P&T's Fool Us was only available at Anazon UK. I guess I didn't jump on it fast enough. Now I can't find it anywhere.

Not to change the subject, but dies anyone know if Fool Us is available anywhere?

Thanks!
Jacques
View Profile
Loyal user
North
211 Posts

Profile of Jacques
Quote:
anyone know if Fool Us is available anywhere?

YouTube
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
If you have an amazon account, there's no need to pre-order and wait, unless you want the physical DVD copy. I just purchased the film from amazon instant video (Sept. 23, 2013) for $9.99. It is also rentable for $3.99. I'll watch it tonight on the computer fed through the TV.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5348 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
http://www.kinolorber.com/video.php?id=1376&affiliate=fbkino
Just in time for the holidays. Anyone own this yet? Does it have any extras?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Just bought this over the weekend on iTunes. INCREDIBLE! Wonderful clip of Ricky doing the monte and Steve Martin bends the corner when he "isn't' looking." Brilliant.
Alex L. Molina
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Alex L. Molina
Hello All Smile

Happy Holidays...

Not to state the perhaps obviously well-known, but Jay's famous Broadway Show "52 Assistants" blew me the fug away - lol

I've always been a proponent that Card Magic as a rule of thumb probably shouldn't be the very first thing you do for a lay audience (when considering performance psychology/philosophy concepts for maximum audience impact/entertainment); Jay's b-way show was 90-mins of nothing but Cards & he of course SLAYED the audience to standing-ovations

really looking forward to this doc...
"YOU Are The MAGIC"

Peace, Love, & Success
alex

www.FB.com/ASAOPEpresentsTUCHT
Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
His presentation of the cups and balls was my first sight as to what magic should be- pithy patter, diabolical deception, interesting information, and, of course, a routine that is less about the finale and more about the routine itself.
gadir
View Profile
New user
Reseda, California
60 Posts

Profile of gadir
Netflix has it now
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Ricky Jay is my favorite performer of card magic of all time.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5348 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I went ahead and bought the DVD. I'm being good and waiting for Christmas before opening it, but it apparently has a lot of extras not in the downloads.

As I mentioned early on in my original post here, this film simply reaffirmed for me why I fell in love with this art in the first place. I think Roger Ebert describes it best: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/decept......jay-2013
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ricky Jay - New Documentary (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL