The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Don't Lie Spirit Bell by Pangu Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
The effect is centuries old. It has been performed throughout the world for just as long.
A spectator asks a question and the bell rings back, answering the spectators questions.
This bell hangs on a beautiful crystal clear acrylic arm. There is absolutely no question that the bell is not attached to any strings, threads, etc.
There is absolutely no way the bell can be controlled other than by the spirits. This effect can be performed under test conditions. You can even isolate the bell and stand under a clear box. Bell can be handed out before and after demonstration there is absolutely nothing to find!

This looks like real magic!

Bell is Solid Brass Construction
Beautiful Acrylic Base
Remote Control activated
Road Case is Included
Road Case is form fitted
Top Quality Components Used
The package contains all props and instruction.

You can save 30 usd if you pre-order it: You can watch the trailer here: http://www.mystiquefactory.com/collectio......gu-magic
Best,
Martin
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
IF I was doing a paid show, then I'd want the best and go with Nick Wenger's Spirit Bell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x15EWVRfnrk

It's more money, but you get what you pay for and if doing a paid show, you want the best!

http://www.bobkohlermagic.com/page3/page77/page81/
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
A Hobbs box by Outlaw only costs $75 more and look how nice it is:

Anyway, I believe that is the same bell made by 52magic.com
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
For me, this prop screams technology. The beauty of the more "bizarre," antique-looking spirit bells are their brutal contrast of archaic construction pitted against the potential suggestion of high-tech wizardry. A rusted bell swinging from an aged wooden frame will bring less suspicion then a shiny bell hung on a modern acrylic frame adhered to a way-too-thick acrylic base.

But, that may just be me. In the right hands perhaps this bell can make folks run screaming.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I think the actual movement of the bell looks so fishy
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
She,has 'NO' Soul !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Don't know what happened to my post- but I was just trying to help fellow magicians save money- Madhatter Magic Shop is selling this exact same bell for $199.99! This is not a knock-off but the SAME bell listed here. So hopefully this will help some people save some money. Still wandering why most posts about this were deleted?

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 22:02, Wizard of Oz wrote:
For me, this prop screams technology. The beauty of the more "bizarre," antique-looking spirit bells are their brutal contrast of archaic construction pitted against the potential suggestion of high-tech wizardry. A rusted bell swinging from an aged wooden frame will bring less suspicion then a shiny bell hung on a modern acrylic frame adhered to a way-too-thick acrylic base.

But, that may just be me. In the right hands perhaps this bell can make folks run screaming.

It's no Wisseman, that's for sure. Every so often, someone comes up with a new modern style Bell...that screams magic prop and pretend-spooky. And then there's Tim's.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-07-22 20:16, Zombie Magic wrote:
IF I was doing a paid show, then I'd want the best and go with Nick Wenger's Spirit Bell:

It's more money, but you get what you pay for and if doing a paid show, you want the best!

You're right Zombie:) Wengers looks very spooky and is no Comparison to the Plastic Ghost Bell Discussed.

I will buy a Wenger Bell just as a nice to have, because it looks incredible and wonderful:)

Thanks Zombie for the Link - you're the Man!
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-07-24 18:36, rasmus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-22 20:16, Zombie Magic wrote:

You're right Zombie:) Wengers looks very spooky and is no Comparison to the Plastic Ghost Bell Discussed.

I will buy a Wenger Bell just as a nice to have, because it looks incredible and wonderful:)

Thanks Zombie for the Link - you're the Man!

rasmus, I don't have the Wenger's Spirit Belll. I was just going by the youtube clip and that Bob Kohler was behind it and what I've heard about it.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm a spirit bell junkie and am lucky enough to have Kohler's (Wenger) Bell, Wisseman's Dead Ringer, and Outlaw Effect's The Departed...and...they're all great. Sorry. But they are. Kohler's Bell is ingenious because the spectator can assemble it. Dead Ringer is incredible because the bell is glass...totally fries those who think the metal bell has something to do with the workings. And lastly, The Departed, where you lead the spectator down the garden path into thinking they are "in on it," only to make them embarrassed they wore white underwear.

And there are many more that I have or don't have...including old fashioned school bells, hotel bells, and the Outlaw Effect boxes and boards that come with a very simple archaic-looking bell that rings like hell. And I mean that.

I'll give you my spirit bells when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I envy you! I've wanted The Departed since it came out.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
"The Departed" Rocks!
Both,Ball & Bell!
A Sucker,Spirit Cabinet! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Not very authentic looking, thick shiny base etc, looks like a toy imho
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well. Just got this Spirit Bell. Now, some of you don't like the stand it comes with, I see your point. Though, magicians need to think "outside the box". With that being said, what if I told you when I use this, the bell is NOT attached to the base, it's not attached to anything. Well, let me rephrase that, the bell is simply hanging from a coat hanger! As a matter of fact, the coat hanger can be borrowed! Further, you have the spectator examine everything and then the spectator hangs the bell from the coat hanger!! And still on command the bell rings. Now that's magic! You don't ever have to use the stand if you don't want to.

Now, with this set-up I am so happy I only paid $150.00 for mine at Madhatter Magic shop. Its actually more bizzare, erie and magical than any bell out there because the only thing in play that the spec sees is the bell and a borrowed coat hanger with no plastic parts in play!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
I've been looking for a modern style spirit bell for a while. Whilst those made by outlaw and wenger look beautiful they just don't fit in with my style, I want to use it for a PK routine as opposed to a more bizarre effect.
The don't lie bell is closer to what I have in mind but the Perspex stand is very ugly and the base far too thick.
RNK, could you expand on your earlier comments? If I can lose the stand and at least conceal the base and workings this could work for me.
I would perform this for about 100 people and my main priority is that it will be possible for everyone to see the bell moving. Ideally I would like a bell that can be hung off a long chain from a simple stand that will be seen to visibly swing (using the same methods as the above bells, no threads as the bell would be surrounded). Anyone got any recommendations?
Thanks, Ed
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
The movement on the Wenger version looks to rigid for my taste. Although I liked the flash string touchi in one of the videos.
Yours,

Ivan
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Does anyone happen to know what size battery goes in the remote? My instructions say to put a 9V in the base, which is obvious when you open it, however, the remote is not going to transmit unless it has a battery also...thanks..
While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Don't Lie Spirit Bell by Pangu Magic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL