The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » America, Land of the Free. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..19~20~21 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Excellent observation, balducci.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Here we go.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-07-26 13:54, balducci wrote:
I see, and thanks for the clarification. So apparently only about 39,980 of 40,000 raids per year are successful and done by the book. Smile

A few innocent people and pets murdered along the way, sure.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Better ideas?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
One partial solution to the problem is laws which require greater transparency in the use of SWAT teams. After his home was raided due to police error, Mayor Calvo of Berwyn Heights, Maryland succeeded in having a law passed which requires police departments to reveal how often and for what purpose they have used their SWAT teams. This makes it much easier to detect pattern of raiding the homes of innocent people. This does not solve the problem, but it is a constructive step.

Mayor Calvo discusses the raid on his home here,...
http://www.cato.org/multimedia/cato-vide......ily-dogs
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes all police tactics should be public. No need I can think of for secrecy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

The fact remains however that this law was passed, and is now in force. Perhaps it will one day have unintended negative consequences. So far, it seems to be working though.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2013-07-26 20:57, Dannydoyle wrote:
Better ideas?

Yes. Get your facts straight and proofread the Warrants before kicking in doors or tossing percussion grenades through the window. Don't be in such a rush to play soldier.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Well put irossall. Although keep in mind that in many cases, the address on the warrant is incorrect. This was the case in the killings of Kathrine Johnston and Ismeal Mena by police.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So all cops are in a rush to play soldier?

Bad news. Even with proof reading and facts straight mistakes happen. Now what?

Show me where these guys were in a rush to play soldier.

Maybe you should get all the facts first.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

In many cases the police involved were simply doing as instructed. In the Mena case referenced above, an informant provided the wrong address. So the problem was not necessarily that the police wanted to play Rambo. It was that they had bad information.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 10:57, Experimentalist wrote:
In many cases the police involved were simply doing as instructed. In the Mena case referenced above, an informant provided the wrong address. So the problem was not necessarily that the police wanted to play Rambo. It was that they had bad information.

There have been many cases of similarly "bad" information. The fact that they are still going and assaulting people and their homes based on "an informant said so," and almost always drug based, says a lot.
Maybe they should be doing actual investigations BEFORE jumping in guns drawn just because someone they picked up on possession said so?
These are, by definition, a matter of police literally jumping the gun.

Here's a thought, how about they stop turning to guns over plants and consensual acts?

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Also, how about some simple accountability? Take some ****ing responsibly if you are going to kick someone's door in and point guns at them.
If anyone else did such things, even if they did it because they thought a murder was in the house, they would be responsible.

In spite of Danny's consistent lying, if you want to smash into someone's house because you think there's a crime, you want to protect someone, etc, go right ahead, as long as you're going to PAY for the door you break, and the dogs you kill, and the people you terrorize.
If that sounds like too much to expect of police, then there's something seriously wrong.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Just for some perspective, at 40 000 raids a year, that means cops are storming a house in this country every 13 minutes. Over 100 raids a day.

Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

At this point, A strong argument could be made that the "War on Drugs", presents a greater threat to the public than drugs themselves ever did.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
First of all you are not even in this country. Second of all what constant lying am I doing?

The problem with you suppositions is they are just that. Since you never leave the basement and only imagine the real world it us tough. But show me where the cops didn't investigate.

Being wrong doesn't mean anyone didn't investigate. But when all you do us Monday morning morning quarterback and look to criticize and tear down there is no point in even talking.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 12:40, Experimentalist wrote:
At this point, A strong argument could be made that the "War on Drugs", presents a greater threat to the public than drugs themselves ever did.

Syringe argument? It's an undeniable fact.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Your claim that I don't want "police" investigating actual crimes.

Then there's everything else in your description of me.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 19:11, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 12:40, Experimentalist wrote:

Syringe argument? It's an undeniable fact.

*stronge argument.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 19:14, gdw wrote:
Your claim that I don't want "police" investigating actual crimes.

Then there's everything else in your description of me.

You are a self proclaimed anarchist who lives in Canada.

Now show me where they didn't investigate or where anything else I said is wrong. Sort of hard to take anything yiu say seriously.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » America, Land of the Free. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..19~20~21 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL