The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » America, Land of the Free. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
First off they were not breaking into the home. They had a search warrant.

You go onto say and I quote you here: "Despite the settlement, the county admits no wrongdoing, and none of the officers involved have been fired or disciplined."

Yup, certainly being held accountable for their actions.
------------------------------------------------
You do not fire or discipline someone from doing their job. While you may not like the outcome they had a job to do and had the obligation to go home after their shift to their family. They have a dangerous job. That is why they carry lethal weapons.

The officers were doing their job and in so doing a person armed with a loaded rifle got shot as they obviously felt their lives were threatened from this individual. As I asked you before what would you have done if it was you who saw a supposed criminal standing in front of you with a loaded rifle pointing in your direction in this instance, Again a lot of adreleaine was pumping on all parties.

Could it have been handled differently? Probably. I don't know. However usually if executing a search warrant you do not call the party and tell them you are coming, as that sort of defeats the purpose of surprise and finding what you are looking for. Of course they did not find anything incriminating. However that still makes what they did perfectly legal because they had the warrant. The sad thing is that a presumed innocent individual is dead because of this. I feel sorry for the surviving family.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » America, Land of the Free. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL