The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jason Ladanye's book finally out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1317 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Been a lot of talk and rumors about Jason Ladanye's book the past couple of months.

Well, it's finally out now and look stunning http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/c......eptions/ !

I'm definately picking this up!
Paul Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
19 Posts

Profile of Paul Magic
Indeed, the content of the book looks very promising!

I am looking forward for reviews!
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Well written with a performance dvd of some of the routines in the book.

Haven't worked through the material as of yet but really like the routines and his thinking behind them.

There are a number of standouts but was particularly impressed with "Best for Last." Similar to Rules of the Game by James Swain but with much better progression and some humor built in.

If you like Ortiz's and Wimhurts material you will want to pick this up as well. Observing Ortiz's influence in his student's work has me wondering if they might eclipse his personal creations. In other words, Ortiz's legacy might be passing on to a cadre of students the ability to create strong magic. Pretty neat trick if you think about it.
Chris Bruce
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Chris Bruce
Wow! Best for Last is an impressive effect. Good job to Mr. Ladayne with that one! Hope the rest of the book is as good.

Looking forward to it.

Chris
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
561 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On 2013-07-31 14:26, Chris Bruce wrote:
Wow! Best for Last is an impressive effect. Good job to Mr. Ladayne with that one! Hope the rest of the book is as good.

Looking forward to it.

Chris

Was watching the demo video on Vanishing Magic's site and his style and mannerisms are very much like Ortiz. How Jason says the things he says, if I wasn't watching but just listening I think I could have mistaken him for Ortiz. Even the small little extras that he adds ("and if I'm not mistaken..." a bit after the 2 minute mark) remind me of Darwin.

Maybe knowing that he is a student of Darwin's made it more noticeable to me, though. This is in no way a criticism, just an observation. Jason still has a style all his own, I just liked the influence of Mr. Ortiz that I saw in his performance. Oh, and Best For Last was fantastic.
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
You can watch a video of him performing "Best for Last" right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjcVwB5UnLA

You can watch many more videos of him performing his own tricks and of his teacher Darwin Ortiz.

Yehuda
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
The cover kinda reminds me of Paul Gertner's book Steel and Silver.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
956 Posts

Profile of tenchu
The book is awesome. Full of great material, no filler. Lovely designed, full of great, high quality photos. Get it!

Mike
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
Looks like another must-have book I'm going to have to purchase....
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
***UPDATE!!!***

Have you guys seen the deal Jason is doing on his FB page?! It's awesome!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Card-Magi......85429310
cardmechanic25
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cardmechanic25
Jason is a maestro with the cards and a true student of the art. Unbelievable talent. Blows away some of the more "well known" guys who may get more publicity.
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
861 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Are you talking about the bottom deal
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-07-31 19:54, YRauch wrote:
You can watch a video of him performing "Best for Last" right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjcVwB5UnLA

You can watch many more videos of him performing his own tricks and of his teacher Darwin Ortiz.

Yehuda

very nice!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jason Ladanye's book finally out (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL