The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Professional Magic Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tdbnz
View Profile
New user
Christchurch Newzealand
23 Posts

Profile of tdbnz
Hello there

I Just Brought some Professional Magic Cards
from the shop these cards are special

all cards are marked on the back so a quick look you can tell what the card is

I just wondering some good card tricks I can do to impress people

I be able to tell there card if they pick one as I just have to scan card quickly when they give it to me

I new to Magic and wonting to learn cool magic

could some one tell me good card tricks to learn

tdbnz
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
Thing about a deck like that is, there's not really any limit to what you can do with them.

The obvious answer is: you can tell what card they picked without ever looking at the face.

You could have a spectator deal several poker hands and predict which one wins before they're revealed.

Basically, you can do whatever you want. Depends a lot on what type of magic you want to do.
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
tdbnz
View Profile
New user
Christchurch Newzealand
23 Posts

Profile of tdbnz
Just basic card magic that all
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
674 Posts

Profile of Bulla
Quote:

I just wondering some good card tricks I can do to impress people

tdbnz

I know that you're new to magic but this is the wrong attitude to have. Focus should be on "entertaining" people and not just to impress them.

Aside from that, just pick up any basic book on card magic. With a marked deck you won't have to worry about controlling a selection. You can have them replace it and shuffle the deck. The card college series is a great place to start if you're serious about learning card magic.
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
You're taking about what is known as the PM Deck? If so, they are marked on one end only so you will need to learn to read upside down in case someone wants to shuffle them and they reverse half the deck. It's not as easy as it sounds, but if you don't practice this skill with the PM Deck it will really throw you the first time it happens. And don't get the idea that you can use them to cheat in a card game. They're easier to spot than you might think and it's not nice to cheat at cards, even if there is no money down. That also means that you wan't be able to get away with using them for magic for long sessions either. Someone is bound to get suspicious after too many miracles and you will get accused of using 'readers' even if they don't get spotted. Really consider getting an ordinary deck that matches your PM and learn some basic card magic. You will be better off in the long run.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Boris wild has a lot of work on marked decks
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
Learn to use a normal deck first then focus on what you can do with a marked one. You get used to using a marked one what happens when someone hands you theirs? While there are some good things to be done with a marked pack you need a larger knowledge base to work from to get anything out of it. Plus one thing many people search for when watching a magician work with a deck is marked cards. Now they may not know exactly what they are looking for but its not that difficult with many of these decks to spot the marks. Wouldn't it be better for them to be able to scrutinize your cards and not be able to find anything?

Learn the basics first. Get a beginners book (Card College, Royal Road, Complete Course in Magic, etc) and work it to death. Get a routine down till you can do it without even thinking. Then you will impress people (ideally entertain instead).
lambretta1963
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of lambretta1963
Totally agree with ShirtlessKirk.
Don't take shortcuts.
Learn the basics first. I think you will enjoy it more.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I woud recommend you get a card trick book by Daniel Ortiz - great card magic for first timers.
I think for you seriously would be You tube! You'll get ALL you need for magic with those magic cards and see how long that lasts.

Obviously this poor guy is at letter A with card magic and everyone is giving advice at letter H. And to throw out routining, entertaining and basic card generalities is misguided.
He has no reference whatsoever. So all the card magic wisdom can be told in less than a paragraph - really?! Thank God he's not asking about coins...just my opinion like everyone else's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Professional Magic Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL