The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2013 entrée: Peter Turner » » Books on Mentalism » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Other than books that teach effects, which books would you recommend on the performance of mentalism? Great books that come to mind are ones by Nelms, Ken Weber, Banachek, and Cassidy. Are there others that you would highly recommend?

Thanks.

-Mark
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hi Mark,

Brilliant question,

In all honesty when I think about it there are not very many!

I loved "A remarkable man" by David Britland - The book is about Chan, really amazing book. Simple effects just profound uses and explains a little bit about Chan's Jazz style in the process. Which is outstanding from a performing perspective as it gives you an insight into "Freeform" or "Jazz" performance.

At the back end of thirteen steps to mentalism there is a chapter on performance Smile That has some amazing ideas in also.

By the sounds of it you have "Maximum Entertainment" that's got some great tips in it.

I have often sourced books outside of mentalism for performance,

Smart talk by Lisa Marshall was an interesting read about public speaking, it had several nuggets in there!

Colin Mcleod gave me some AMAZING advice about the performance aspect of things that really helped what I already had excel. My shows are a million times tighter for it Smile

Hope this was of some help,

Pete x
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Very helpful, Pete! Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, I've read and re-read Maximum Entertainment, a terrific book. I'm always looking for more sources on performing outside of magic and mentalism books. What kind of advice did Colin Mcleod give you?

-Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2013 entrée: Peter Turner » » Books on Mentalism » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL