We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » World Records (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
I know these are not everyones cup of tea but I am posting this as I know of two Guinness World Record attempts in the near future by Café members and did not jnow if anyone else had anything planned?

Yes I know that everytime we do an escape it is a 'record' but I hope we can focus on the Guinness recognised ones ..

No criticism or offence intended to those who hate them, just asking..
Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Logged my request for an escape attempt to escape handcuffed from a superbike traveling at speed. Still waiting on them to get back to me it apparently can take some time. Venue wise ive enquired at various places and looks like only possible venue may be Crail race track in Scotland. on hold at the moment until I get a reply... Smile
Impossible is just another level of difficulty
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Very cool and just remember to have your "Rider Alert / Crash Card" in your safety helmet when you do it. Smile

I am going to try and better Zdenek Bradac's record from 2011.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I have 3 on the books and 5 more lined up. Two of the proposed are simply me breaking my own previous records. The others are: Largest 8 track tape collection, Heaviest weight lifted with the moustache, and a third SO ingenious I cannot publicly speak of it.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ohhhh got me all excited Nips. I'm going to start growing a tash to try and out lift you ...... I may be sme time!

If I hassle you lots via PM will you speak non publicly of your possible record attempt ...... Or is too ingenious for even a PM?
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Thanks Mr Nippulini.
I hope to update on mine by end of Sept, paperwork pending.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I remember well with a sour face, how the four fine Brits who make up the Guinness World record people turned me down. I did it anyway and no one else has. I still bless them with one fifth of my manicure.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 14:37, Cliffg37 wrote:
I remember well with a sour face, how the four fine Brits who make up the Guinness World record people turned me down. I did it anyway and no one else has. I still bless them with one fifth of my manicure.

?

And

?

Manicure?

Oh you giving them the bird.

Aren't all 4 of the 'fine Brits' you refer too all blokes? Didn't realise you asked blokes out ..... Or do you mean they turned down your request for a record? What was it? Most boring science lesson? Smile (Physics that is ..... I say that as an ex micro-biologist - I done grown a bit!)

All the best!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Huh?
Magic is like Science,
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Hey it made sense in my head.....

What did they (Guinness world record people) turn you down for?

And what do you mean by 'bless them with one fifth of my manicure'?

Then I was ribbing you (winding you up) for being a physics teacher and saying its more boring than Biology (but I don't really believe that).
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I've seen J. Fox break Houdini's record over B. Shirks head:)

Does that count?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Dave, One fifth of the manicure refers to the middle finger, indeed as you previously mentioned, the bird.

What they turned me down for was my one and pnly world record. Being the only person to ever get out of a straitjacket in zero gravity. They said that being the first was not necessesarily a record. dastards.
Magic is like Science,
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Yes 'the first to do something isn't a record as it can't be broken. You should have gone for fastest SJ escape in zero G ...... Then somone else 'could' (potentially) beat your record! See where there is a will ........

............there is a relative hoping to get stuff! Smile
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Cliff, the reason your claim was rejected is because it is TOO specific, therefore non competitive AND redundant. For example: I set and broke the record for most weight lifed by the nipples. Let's say YOU wanted to SET a record for "Most weight lifted by the nipples WHILE-WEARING-A-CLOWN-SUIT". It's already been done, the fact that a clown suit is being worn means nothing. The main issue that they care about is the lifting of the weight. The rest is fluff, it doesn't concern them WHAT is being lifted (I wanted to set a record for heaviest PERSON lifted by the nipples, got rejected), HOW it is being lifted, WHERE, WHY, etc.... pretty much any extra info to attempt to make it singular gets thrown out. The competitive factor is VERY important as well. ANY Guinness record MUST be applicable to be broken by anyone who wishes to. It's the law. So, because setting up an expensive and fully inclusive record like that is illegal and immoral, they won't touch it. A lot of people get frustrated and bitter because they get a GWR rejection... don't be that guy! I had 4 rejected claims before they considered my record to be serious. Keep trying, leave your manicured central digit for the road where it will be fully appreciated. Rejection is better than neglect, remember that.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Just remeber Cliff, you can do your best friggin with the middle finger, it's longer.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

....I had to do a double take on what you wrote.....

it's true! Curl it back and you're on the G money
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Good to see at least one person gets my drift. Now I am off to wash my hands before fixing a sandwich.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ah well I'm now educated I. The ways of the world...... I see no reason why there can not be a it of beard wearing along with the friggin!

See I'm up on this now .........

Just one question .......

I tried google but I can't find out what 'fixing a sandwich' is? I mean beards, friggin..... fixing a sandwich must mean something?????????? Smile
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Fixing it assumes that it is broken.... it is very difficult to break a sandwich, so I could only imagine how hard it must be to fix one. Remember, Dave, he lives in Australia... maybe they use Vegemite for general purpose sandwich repair.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Sure is sticky enough!

Any Terry Pratchett fans around? In his Disc-world book that is based in a fictional continent that is the equivalent of Australia, the main character pretty much 'invents' Vegemite ...... Discussing process ....but almost believable.

Maybe putting Vegemite on a sandwich would constitute breaking it and it needing fixing? I'm not a Marmite fan despite being from the birth place of great beer and as a consequence the birth place of Marmite.

I'm off to a stoning .... Well would be if I were a woman (?does that compute with anyone?).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » World Records (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL