The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Is Outside the Box Starring Nate Kranzo good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi,

I saw a demo of the dvd: Outside the Box Starring Nate Kranzo

seems very good...
I can't seem to find a full reivew of this dvd when I did a search... but I found that he also had anther dvd, voodoo card or something like that... on that thread, it seems that some said they did not like outside the box

I mainly work with cards and practically no coins... and it seems that he had a lot of coin stuff on this dvd... but the demo looked really good...

any reviews ?

thanks
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Overall I thought the DVD was good... He does about half cards, a few things with coins, and a few things with a thumptip and a cool vanish of a credit card (or anything really of that shape). I thought the thumbtip stuff was definitly "outside the box" and a few of the card things were good. Hope this helps...

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
SVG84R
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of SVG84R
Personally I think the dvd is ok. oh yeah there are few great things with the tt.
the best trick of the dvd should be the queesn rountine.
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
I like this DVD. I think its fun to watch even though not all the routines are magician foolers, they would fool an audience.
I agree with SVG84R about the queen routine. It is an excellent card effect that isn't that hard to accomplish.

But my favorite was the coin through silk routine. I thought it was just awesome. A coin passes through a sheer see-through silk a couple of times ending with it penetrating in the specs hand.

Hot sauce is cool, but I am a bit afraid of flash paper so I haven't tried that one out.

International 3 fly is a great looking three fly with three different types of coins, but would cost quite a bit of money to have the gimmicks made. If your a working pro and you will use it it is worth the money.

Credit Card Vanish and Recovery is also another excellent item. It is a great little barehanded ungimmicked vanish of anything in the shape of a playing card.

Those are my favorites, the others like the items using the utility pull I didn't like since you would need to spend more money to buy the pull, and Backasswards travelers just didn't do anything for me.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
I thought it was a pretty good DVD. It definitely has some stuff to make you think.

Best,
Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Very entertaining and some good effects. I prefer his Second "Voodoo" DVD.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
469 Posts

Profile of martysh
Second the coin through silk thing.. it is so visual for the spec that it is wonderful to perform walkaround... the thinking on the whole tape is refreshing and you certainly won't do everything but you will appreciate the thought and the ideas..

shame on you if you don't do the chiffon silk and coin penetrations...

marty
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
There's a review for this video at http://allmagic.com/spin/spins/kranzobox.html
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
For the International 3-Fly, actually you can substitute that gimmick with 2 commonly owned gimmicks. Its not as clean as the one Nate use but it should get the job done.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4763 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
You might read the review I wrote:
Click here for review!
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
It's a pretty good dvd. Has some very good tricks and ideas.
I liked this dvd more than his Visual Voodoo dvd.
playzure
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of playzure
The credit card vanish and recovery is fantastic, much better than tenkai vanish.
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
I totally don't like this dvd

I live in a country where magic shops don't exist
and when I start playing the dvd I fin there's a total of 3 tricks in ther which don't use a gimmick.

I mean comon, a pull, a copper silver coin(rare here), double sided tape, flash paper(not really a gimmick but hey), and the tricks that don't use gimmicks need a set up all except for the coin silk routine then again you need a silk

if you don't like gimmicks stay far far away from this
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
888 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Everybody,
I'm a new user and this is my 2nd post. I've been doing magic for about 2 years now.
I really considered getting Outside The Box. It looks awesome! What's your favorite effect on it?
Also, I heard that you need to get a few gimmicks for the DVD. What are they? I have a TT. Where can you get sheer see-thru silks besides Nate's Website?
Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
I have just purchased Outside The Box and I have to say I think it's one of the best DVD's I have purchased. I simply love it. Although some routines do require gimmicks, the DVD does get you thinking 'out of the box'. The Queen and Credit Card routine are worth the price of the DVD for me! Smile

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2003-12-31 18:50, cougar261084 wrote:
I totally don't like this dvd

I live in a country where magic shops don't exist
and when I start playing the dvd I fin there's a total of 3 tricks in ther which don't use a gimmick.

I mean comon, a pull, a copper silver coin(rare here), double sided tape, flash paper(not really a gimmick but hey), and the tricks that don't use gimmicks need a set up all except for the coin silk routine then again you need a silk

if you don't like gimmicks stay far far away from this

It's his fault you live where there are no physical shops? He tips REAL WORLD magic and that's what you say?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
698 Posts

Profile of qkeli
It's not good, it's very good!!!!!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I bought it for conins-thru-silk for other ideas, and I think he missed the boat on that routine.
Personally, I did not like the DVD.

To get a great coins-thru-silk, get Michael Ammar's on his money miracles DVD.
he also sells the silks on his website.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
I really liked Nate's coin-thru-silk routine. It is direct, well constructed, very magical, and easy to follow (much easier for a laymen than trying to keep track of several coins).

The whole DVD has good ideas and novel approaches, and is just a sample of the incredible ideas that Nate has to offer. Highly recommended.

John B. Born
coinmagic143
View Profile
New user
Annapolis, MD
67 Posts

Profile of coinmagic143
I agree with Frank, I prefer the Ammar routine as a whole, but if you add a few of the penetrations from Nate's routine before the last coin penetration of the Ammar routine, you'll have a synergistic routine in my opinion. Cheers,

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Is Outside the Box Starring Nate Kranzo good? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL