The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Coin Roll 2 Ring Roll 2 Coin Roll (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gelbepfeife
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of gelbepfeife
Hi guys,
I am working on a sleight, that I haven't figured out how to do dmoothly, but am sure, that there is a method to do it good. Probebly it already exists, and somebody has figured out a perfect way to do it.

Here is what I want to do:

I wantz wo make a Coin Roll (coin on finger knuckles) and then suddenly the coin changes to a ring smoothly going to a ring roll, where you movie the ring on the fingertips.
then the ring changes to the coin, and back again, etc.

anybody has ideas on a handling how to chieve this smoothy.
of course it should all be one handed.

cheers!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Why not just keep rolling the ring in Steeplechase (Steeplechase is the lesser-known name for rolling a coin on your knuckles)? It is just a matter of practice, but you need a solid foundation of the flourish with both the coin and the ring first. I have been doing this same thing with a silver and a copper coin for years and it was all about practice - and plenty of it!

I am not aware of anyone that has published a "smooth(er) way" to do this with moves that differ from a regular Steeplechase.

Break a thread, and I hope this information is useful to you!
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Kainoa Harbottle has a method for this (changing a silver coin into a copper), in Coins on Edge. He calls it the Steeplechase Shuttle/Change.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I started the Steeple Chase in November 1946 when Clem MAGRUM showed it to me. A year or so later, I bought a copy of Walter Gibson's "SHADOW" magazine. One of the stories featured a magician doing FOUR COINS simultaneously. It "took" a year, but I mastered it. IT JUST TAKES 'WORK'!!!

Years later, I shared it with Johnny Ace Palmer. He did call me months later to say he could do it. Later, he put out a DVD on coin flourishes. I've not seen it, so I don't know if he showed it on the DVD, or whether he even mentioned me...

Many of the old books describe the coin roll. Few of them share the "important" details.

"Practice makes perfect" is not quite correct! Practice, with coaching or mentoring, from a qualified performer/coach, CAN make perfect!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Coin Roll 2 Ring Roll 2 Coin Roll (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL