The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Death of Eugene "Quacky The Duck" Curtis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
It is with great sadness that I learned this morning of the death of Eugene Curtis, AKA "Quacky The Duck". Quacky, as I always had known him, was a clown, balloon artist and magician. He showed me the first magic trick I can ever remember seeing, and is responsible for me being a professional magician for 37+ years. I only found out Quacky's real name a few years ago, and was able to make contact with him and tell him my story. It was a moving phone call for both of us as I was able to thank him for giving me "the bug".

For the past several years, I have given a nod to Quacky in every show, performing the trick that he first performed for me...The Magic Coloring Book. This will now become a permanent part of my stage show as a memorial to the man who---even unknowingly---made me the performer I am today.

Thanks Quacky...and may God enjoy your wonderful work in heaven!

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/toledob......65815981
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1178 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I met him while we were both exhibiting at a trade show for the Ohio Fair Managers. That was a long time ago, but it's hard to forget a 6'9" duck clown. Seemed like a nice and talented guy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Death of Eugene "Quacky The Duck" Curtis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL