The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from melbourne australia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

newmagician123
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of newmagician123
Hi I'm phill , 48 years of age , loved magic all my life although only the past few years ive been more serious about it, my father was a magician in the uk in the 1960s so I guess I get it from him.
ive been learning lots of different things , dove pans , silks , ive never performed to anyone but family , and have been offered a childrens party , but I lack confidence, and don't know how to put on a show , so I would be happy if anyone can help me.
thanks.
ps I really enjoy the magic Café here , its a fantastic place to meet and learn.

thanks again.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Phill,

Welcome to the Café. You will find many talented magicians on the Café who will be able to provide some insight to your questions. My suggestion would be to perform for others as often as possible. There is simply no substitute for experience. Welcome!

Mark
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Phil,
Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has nearly 56.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Phil

Welcome to the Café. We have already had a chat about what your planing - nice to officially welcome you.

We live in the same country but my location is currently a little warmer than yours. I am at Crescent Head (near Port Macquarie) 1/2 way between Sydney and Melbourne.

I am looking forward to chatting at the Café about you planned children's show gig.

Break a leg mate.

Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome newmagician123,

The fact that you know just doing tricks isn't a Magic Show shows that you are in a great position to learn.

"The Little Darlings" forum will be a big help to you.

Go there and copy and paste this posting along with a list of some of the effects you already have or do.

My first show was pretty bad but I got better over time.

-Mary Mowder
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Welcome Phill Smile

I'm fairly new too and I can say you've come to the right place.

There's lots of great people here willing to share their knowledge. Mary, Bob and Mark have already started pointing you in the right direction.

Keep practicing- and try to think how your tricks can flow together to tell a story or form small routines that make up a larger whole.

Have fun!

Theodore-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from melbourne australia (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL