The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tamed cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Tamed cards is (or will be available soon.. didn't find it on their website yet), at Phoenixcards.com

here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvURE6ueeEk
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I sent them an e-mail because I have been waiting for this a long time and this is their reply:

"please be patient for about two more weeks. We will launch the effect at Magic Live on the 11th of August."
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
This effect looks good..woot cant wait to be at magic live...countdown 13 days Smile
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Tommy Wonder is my all time favorite magician..and he left us much to early. Do you have any idea how much this is going to cost..and who's putting it out... I'm excited...If you find out more info at magic live please post it here or send me a pm..
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
I would guess cardshark is putting the effect out...but I guess well see
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Very nice take on the Wild Card routine, Tommy Wonder was truly a master! Forgive my ignorance, but what is so special with the method?

Edit: Assuming you are familiar with the standard wild card routine that is...
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
The first thing that comes to mind regarding Tommy Wonder is his beep alarm reminding him its time to collect a card for his collection... I remember seeing somewhere the Tommy Wonder beeper for sale and it was very expensive.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
So it's the beeper they're selling?
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I wonder (no pun intended) if this version is self working?
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Quote:
On 2013-07-30 14:10, Lundonia wrote:
Very nice take on the Wild Card routine, Tommy Wonder was truly a master! Forgive my ignorance, but what is so special with the method?

Edit: Assuming you are familiar with the standard wild card routine that is...

If you don't know what makes it special, then go buy yourself the books of wonder and study this genius... really. Don't do anything else until you have studied it.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2013-07-30 14:48, REVlEW KlNG wrote:
I talked with Christian Schenk a cuple of years ago and he had permision from Tommy Woner's family and L&L to go ahead with the project ( you'd never be able to do the routine as taught on the L&L dvd ).

Looking forward to this with gerat anticipation.

RK

Christopher Kavanagh's Back I see. Smile))
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
On 2013-07-30 14:57, cirrus wrote:

If you don't know what makes it special, then go buy yourself the books of wonder and study this genius... really. Don't do anything else until you have studied it.

This is (going to be) a marketed effect by Card Shark. I'm simply wondering exactly what they want us to pay for. Method? Certain Props? A nice card sleeve? All of the above?

I don't think we need to debate the genius of Tommy Wonder.
www.jensmagi.se
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
The method Tommy used differs in several aspects from the regular Wild Card. I suspect you are paying for the different method and a special deck that allows for strolling (not just a paket trick). I friend of mine bought it from Christian Schenk at FISM in Blackpool last July and he was very satisfied. However, I don't think the beeper is part of the package.

Patrick
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
And no, unlike the original Wild Card this is not going to be self-working. If you watch the L&L performance closely, you will see that it's not your regular Wild Card.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Thanks Mister E. Exactly the answer I was looking for. Smile
www.jensmagi.se
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
It's now officially for sale on Christian Schenk's Cardshark website:

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=241
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I have this, a friend of mine brought it over from Magic Live.

I took a quick view of it yesterday and it is fantastic.

The packaging is great.....

It comes with a Phoenix Deck, 4 wallets, and necessary cards for the Tamed(Wild) cards effect, an instruction booklet, and also a DVD with performance and explanation.

What I really like about this is how clean everything looks, as well as if you are table hopping, and you perform the wild card effect for Group 1, and lets say turned the 4 of Clubs into the Jack od Diamonds....lets assume some people follow you to the second table, and you are now in a position to take the Jack of Diamonds, and turn them into lets say 7 of Spades....this effect allows you to do this 4 times, that is just great.....since you can keep repeating with different cards if you so wish.

Very professional packaging, as well as very well put together.

10/10

Plus I had the opportunity to meet Tommy Wonder back at a Worlds Magic Seminar, and he performed this for me, because I bugged him to show me the effect live, and it just so happens Tommy carried his set with him at all times.

Good memories of Tommy.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
Alex,

since you already have it, I have a question: the last I heard from Christian was (about a year ago), that they had problems with the certain substance that you need for one specific change (I'm sure you know what I mean). Now, in the ad-copy, there's no mention of the substance. However, it says the cards come "prepared". What would you think - is this preparation something that lasts or something, that has to be renewed? I hope I'm not giving too much away... But I'm sure this is a question that anyone who knows the working of the effect is interested in. If so, would you be able to renew it yourself?

Thanks, Patrick
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Hi guys,

yes, we finally put Tommy Wonder's Tamed Cards online on our website, after starting the sales at Magic Live. People were really excited about finally having the chance to get the whole set.
This will stay a "Card-Shark Exclusive", means that it will only be available through us. I wanted to keep the price at a fair level of 60$, but having put so much detail work in every set, I cannot discount this for dealers. Just visit our website and get it there.

There was not a "problem" regarding the sticky stuff, it was just that I could not really make up my mind what would be the best method for having a sticky card in the year 2013. Back then, Tommy used magician's wax, and I also tried that. Plus all kind of other "crazy stuff". I ended with something that already worked well for us for a couple of years. It is a repositionable spray glue by 3M, that funnywise is NOT available in the USA, just in Europe. It lasts very long . If you don't like it, you can easily remove it (explained on the DVD) and put your own solution onto the cards.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
Thanks Christian for chiming in and clarifying things!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tamed cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL