The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tamed cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8024 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very nice but way too expensive for me.
Tommytallica
View Profile
New user
uuuh jeg har skrevet
95 Posts

Profile of Tommytallica
No beeper?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1714 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I found a great timer app for the Iphone and convinced the programmer to add the beeper sound. This app is named in the instructions and is free of charge.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
185 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
Great idea!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'll get my set a bit later on. There is something magical feeling about carrying on a routine from a magician that is no longer with us. I have been delving into Jack Parker's "52 Memories" and there just an empowerement to it. Anyhow, this is on my list.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1132 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Christian, have you thought about releasing a 'lite' version? One set instead of four?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1714 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
No, I really wanted to honour the genious mind of Tommy Wonder, that is why I not only included the part of the book but also of the DVD. This extra cost me a lot of money, trust me. But for me it was important.

You might split the sets with a friend...

Chinese Proverb
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
939 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I will get my set soon! This is really great Christian
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
I'm confused at what is being sold.

This seems to be the same effect as Tommy Wonder's that is taught on the L&L videos shown in the Video Demo. It is taught on that DVD set and you really don't need any rare cards that you can't easily get from any Magic Shop. Sure, you need a little something extra, but most card magicians have this or you can buy it at any office supply store.

Again, I am lost at what special contribution is added to this to justify a Whopping $60.00 pricemark (plus international shipping) at Card-Shark's website.

Here is what I am talking about for $35.00 with other Tommy Wonder effects on 1 DVD:

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/visions-of......181.html
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1714 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
First of all: we are shipping from our warehouse in the USA.

The trick is not only on the DVD but also in his "Books of Wonder". I made several of these sets for pro magicians when the cards were not available.

Back then I decided to contact The Tommy Wonder Estate and asked for permission of producing the whole set. There are several sets envolved as well as a special force deck that is NOT available at any magic shop. But if you are fine with making up your own set and watch the DVDs that you already own... that is fine.

I met a lot of people who do not own both or even one of his publications. I think the released effect is a great tribute and an advertisement for Tommy's work. Get the books, get the DVDs.

The setup of the whole effect that is exactly following the chapter in his book is a lot of work, you get four prepared wild card sets etc. But in the end everybody has to make up his own decision. For a while we also offered just the whole cards sets with force deck without preparation and instructions, when the rest of this effect was not ready. This was sold for 40$ at conventions. Maybe I will offer that soon again.

Chinese Proverb
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8024 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So, if you were to order this within the EU they will still be shipped via the US?
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2211 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I can't wait to get this..as soon as I have the finances I will order it.. as I said above Tommy Wonder is my all time favorited magician. I see this is in red back which is all I use in my work... Thanks for putting this out
Are there any other Tommy Wonder products coming in the near future from you?
Is there a beeper available for android phones and tablets?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1714 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Sigh... No, we are always shipping from the best possible location. Automatically.

Our customer service is second to none. Our shipping cost is only 6.50 US$ (outside of Europe) and 4.90 Euro (inside of Europe), no matter how much you would order. But wait: if you use your mobile device, you will get free shipping above a certain amount.

Chinese Proverb
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I'm pleased to see Christian go the whole hog and produce this as four sets plus the deck. Ideal for table-hoppers, although fairly unnecessary for others. Being a glutton for punishment, I make my own Wild Card sets, but full marks to Christian for producing the full article.

Tom
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Quote:
On 2013-08-21 13:06, Salby wrote:
I'm confused at what is being sold.

This seems to be the same effect as Tommy Wonder's that is taught on the L&L videos shown in the Video Demo. It is taught on that DVD set and you really don't need any rare cards that you can't easily get from any Magic Shop. Sure, you need a little something extra, but most card magicians have this or you can buy it at any office supply store.

Again, I am lost at what special contribution is added to this to justify a Whopping $60.00 pricemark (plus international shipping) at Card-Shark's website.

Here is what I am talking about for $35.00 with other Tommy Wonder effects on 1 DVD:

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/visions-of......181.html

If you check out the explanation of Tommy's routine, you'll see that he went to a lot more effort than simply putting a single set of cards together. Making a full 'set', exactly as Tommy used, would cost you a arm and a leg, and would require hand making a lot more gaffs than the video demo entails.

So, $60 is a lot of money, but as it's everything together, and ready to drop straight into your act, it seems cheap. It's one of the best pieces of card magic I've ever seen.

Liam.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Agreed, you only really need 9-12 worker routines (if you are a walkabout kinda guy) to be a working magician and make some of a living, this is one of those kind of effects.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Let's face it, you could earn a good living just performing TW effects.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8024 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Are there any knuckle busting moves required with the card-shark version? What's the difficulty level?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
It's not knuckle-busting, and not a Cardshark version, except using Phoenix cards.

Tommy Wonder used bridge sized Piatnik playing cards, I believe.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
836 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I'm excited for this - what put me off trying to learn Tamed Cards before was the investment it'd take to get all the materials together, both in time and cost (go ahead and call me lazy Smile ). Tommy's Tamed Card is a wonderful effect that, performed once, it is a great, magical effect with good methodological thinking and presentation. However, performed multiple times, it seems to take on epic proportions for those people who follow you around from table to table when you perform table hopping magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tamed cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL