The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tamed cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Moncle
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
38 Posts

Profile of Moncle
Tommy Wonder's estate are selling the beeper, I bought one from them and it is worth it @ 125 euros, his brother also threw in a silk.

I love performing this effect, with a bit of work you can get all of the right stuff to make this up yourself, no need to spend a fortune. I think apart from the beeper, the other expense was the 4 X OWFDs.

Tommy was keen to advocate making up stuff yourself, you can be sure of good quality, many dealers, not all are selling for profit and do not always go high on quality.

Don't like the idea of people making money out of Tommy's estate, this may be done in good spirit of helping magicians,.

Michael from England.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8025 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thank you Michael, it's good to see that magicians on a tight budget can also perform this, without having to part with a ridiculous amount of money.
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
236 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Just a quick message to anyone wanting to re-create the alarm beep from a watch -
I've just added that sound to the recently released Soundzamazing unit, and works PERFECTLY!
Really looking forward to trying this out on my next performance
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4818 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I wanted to check out was the quality of the Tommy Wonder Tamed Card Effect - and I have to say, IT IS AWESOME... Worth Every Penny (at first I thought it was a bit overpriced) When I saw (and felt) the quality of the gaffs, looked at the plethora of included items and saw the variety of well done learning tools - Booklet and DVD plus all the extra items you need for the effect exactly the way Tommy himself did it (with one minor exception - no wax, an updated substance). I was astonished. This effect goes immediately into my working set. Between using this effect and my Prism routine, Phoenix cards are becoming more and more of a no brainer for me.

I also find the beeper to be unnecessary in an age where the watch has all but given way to the cell phone. Any timer with a beep works just as well (I found a simple free one on Android) and if you have an IPhone, Card-Shark provides a link (or name) of an IOS App that added that sound specifically for the routine.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8025 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It would be nice to see a performance by your good self if you get the time to upload one.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4818 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2014-02-11 11:54, pegasus wrote:
It would be nice to see a performance by your good self if you get the time to upload one.

not ready to perform it myself, just got it and will need to fit in an adequate amount of practice but the performance by Tommy Wonder himself can be viewed here - http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=241

then imagine the next table turning from JD's to 7S's then 7'S to ... and so on with 4 complete sets. AWESOME routine and value.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I already posted the performance in the first post of this thread...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5304 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Received mine this weekend. Excellent job Christian!

You get everything that Tommy Wonder used, prepared almost exactly the same way except for a more modern adhesive used instead of magicians' wax. Also as noted above the beeper isn't provided, but you don’t really need one. Just look at your watch and announce the effect.

Making all of this up yourself would be not only tedious but it would cost a lot just in card decks. Everything included is top quality. This is really done right. I'm working on the routine now; won't take me long since I already had the Books of Wonder along with the DVDs. Just repetition to get it working smooth now.

Jim
Moncle
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
38 Posts

Profile of Moncle
I love the excitement this has generated, the strength in the Tamed card is all the other elements of good performance that tommy wrote about in his essays within his books. To perform this mighty piece well, the drama, pace, the conflict all need to work. I love the way the Tamed card gets you into "situation magic" you are in the action with the spectators, all part of the emotions. It's the sublety around the acting that makes it dare I say it...... "Wonderful"
Moncle
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
38 Posts

Profile of Moncle
Thought that repositional glue would cause the cards to hang up a bit, wax is messy and would love an alternative.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Roughing stick.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
What a wonderful routine ! You can feel the energy and everything.. Great great great !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tamed cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL