The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Tricks with keys (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin R
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Keys are cool,right? So does anybody know of any books or videos featuring routines with keys? Thanks in advance.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Jay Sankey killer key or leaving home.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4332 Posts

Profile of videoman
I really like the routine "Florida Keys" from Greg Wilson's "On the Spot" video (now out on DVD).

It's a very effective semi-impromptu routine that is pretty easy to perform. I sometimes follow that up with my own modified routine from Sankey's 3-Ring Circus. This routine does not involve a key but is a linking key ring routine. In fact, that's one of my favorite things about the trick, the fact that he uses a key ring as a "key ring". LOL

Also, there are others such as Golden Key, Spirit Key, Bob Kohler's Key Off. Sankey's Leaving Home is another good one as already mentioned. Then there are
many mental effects using keys such as 7 Keys to Baldpate, etc.

Best,
Bill

Smile
Dolphin
View Profile
Regular user
Slovenia
171 Posts

Profile of Dolphin
Also don`t forget the RinKey Dinky. A killer routine Smile You can get it at penguinmagic.com.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1040 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Krazy keys by tenyo, you may think I'm, well... krazy, but I like it.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Vanished Zauberer
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Vanished Zauberer
I don't know the name of the trick, but It's a coin changing into a key. It's a gooder!
"Stress is when you wake up screaming and you you realize you haven't even fallen asleep"

MagicTy
www.magicty.iwarp.com
Justin R
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Vanished Zauberer- That sounds pretty cool,do you know where I could find it?
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
The Apocalypse has a few effects with keys. I know for certain it has information on bending keys.

How about a key production using principals from different coin productions? I've worked on a key production variation that is like a 4 coin production showing empty hands. I wanted something different, and never saw anyone produce keys in that manner before. Kinda like a misers dream effect trying to find the correct key to open a chest, door, or locker.

Some food for thought.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Haunted Key is always a goodie - and it uses NO gimmicks at all!

7 Keys to Baldpate (bank night with locks) is another.

Just a couple of more ideas.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Tom Gaddis
View Profile
Regular user
Maui
141 Posts

Profile of Tom Gaddis
In issue #3 of "THE Underground Connection" (It's a free e-zine) check out "Lots O' Lock."

You can sign up at http://www.thinklikeaconjurer.com/conjurers

Make sure your pop up blocker is off.

Best Regards,
Tom
P.S.
The e-zine just got started and will give you tons of up until now, "Underground" techniques, tricks, tips, and of course SCRIPTS from THE Underground legend Ron Bauer.
"The dumber people think you are. The more surprised they'll be when you kill them."
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
If you can find Weber's Key, manufactured by Johnson Products, you will also have a winning routine.

Regards,

Paul Green
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Watts the effecto? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Xia
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
286 Posts

Profile of Xia
Talking about the Haunted Key, there is an incredible version of this in Barrie Richardsons Theatre of the Mind, the key really does have a *life* all of it's own. Smile Smile Smile
"They say time is money...i say time is precious"
"They say the whole is much more than the sum of its Parts...Thats why a man is much more than the sum of his Past!"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27017 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Ring flight works very well with a key
...to all the coins I've dropped here
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Pete & Others,

Weber's Key: A key is removed from a "squeeze" type coin purse. The magician demonstrates that a pen can be magically pushed through the small hole at the top of the key (ala cig thru coin). The key is then touched to the chain on the coin purse and magically links. All may be examined.

I used this routine quite a bit during my restaurant days. I spoke of how I got to work, via bike, and intro'ed the key as belonging to my "bike lock". The link to the chain on the purse was most effective.

Regards & Merry Xmas (if you celebrate), Happy Hanukah (if you celebrate), Winter Solstice (for you Druids), and "Have a nice day" for the rest except you "Humbug" folks that just want to be ornery!

Paul Green Smile Smile Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
1. Coin to key in Bobo.

2. Any coin switch could be used with a key or keys.
How about uncut to cut key.

3. Perhaps a jewler could plate one side for a C/S key.

4. A few years back I asked Todd L. about an expanded sh... for a matching Key. At that time he declined but gave me some suggestions. Anyone out there know if that could be done??

Happy HOYC.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Green, the Mean Magic Machinie... thanks... geeze now that you describe it I think I know it. Argh... Senior Moment no. 3489
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Quote:
2. Any coin switch could be used with a key or keys.

As long as the dimension of the key suits your hands, it'd be a good finale to any routine.
"And that's the key to the trick".

:)
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
cat26
View Profile
New user
Manitoba, Canada
99 Posts

Profile of cat26
You may try "Key to the Orient" by Ron Dayton- change of chinese coin into key or Funkey by Steve Duscheck. Both are quick to the point transitions. Cheers...... Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
"Keys to the Kingdom" by David Acer. Cool transpositions and color changes with keys!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Tricks with keys (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL