The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Al Angello, Whats goin on in Philly? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
Im talking about Riley Cooper. He was caught being a racist and the Eagles fined him for a remark he made at a Kenny Chesney concert. I 4 1 hate racists with a passion but I cant honestly say I agree with the Eagles fining him an "undisclosed"/"substantial" amount of money. It violates free speech. Where I come from its understood that white people are grown so they can say whatever they wont per the constitution but they gotta deal with the consequences (physically) from another black person but for an employer 2 fine you for saying something while you were intoxicated is wreckless. It happened during the offseason and off Eagle grounds. It reminds me of when I got suspended from Notre Dame 4 fighting some 1 after school. We were scheduled 2 fight specifically at a time it wouldnt affect school matters but apparently they believe that you are on school property until you walk in and out of your home so I can relate 2 him when it comes to being punished by some 1 who has absolutely nothing to do with the crime.

Lesean Mccoy had some very interesting and I mean very interesting comments regarding Cooper but Micheal Vick, who has his own history, said what you would expect some 1 2 say without sounding hypocritical. The racist was suspended indefinitely but wont be cut apparently. He has been recieving death threats but that's really not news. Of course he was gonna recieve death threats, This is America!
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You also miss the wonderful irony of hating those who hate. Your hate obviously being justified.

So you propose to get rid of hate with more hate?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Here we go again... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-08-04 16:07, Dannydoyle wrote:
You also miss the wonderful irony of hating those who hate. Your hate obviously being justified.

Hatred doesn't solve anything, where are you getting this? I'm only 1 woman. I myself cant change anything especially something as old as racism because that's never gonna change.
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
You know as a life long Eagles fan I will watch every preseason, and the regular season game. I will cheer every first down, and stand up for every score, but with all the things going on I do not have the highest hopes. My main concern is that the offensive line collapsed last year and you don't build a whole new offensive line in one season.

Danny and I are really friends. It's just sometimes it is hard to see the love.

UTOH your slip is showing dear.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 15:32, foreva.infiniti wrote:
Im talking about Riley Cooper. He was caught being a racist and the Eagles fined him for a remark he made at a Kenny Chesney concert. I 4 1 hate racists with a passion but I cant honestly say I agree with the Eagles fining him an "undisclosed"/"substantial" amount of money. It violates free speech. Where I come from its understood that white people are grown so they can say whatever they wont per the constitution but they gotta deal with the consequences (physically) from another black person but for an employer 2 fine you for saying something while you were intoxicated is wreckless. It happened during the offseason and off Eagle grounds. It reminds me of when I got suspended from Notre Dame 4 fighting some 1 after school. We were scheduled 2 fight specifically at a time it wouldnt affect school matters but apparently they believe that you are on school property until you walk in and out of your home so I can relate 2 him when it comes to being punished by some 1 who has absolutely nothing to do with the crime.

Lesean Mccoy had some very interesting and I mean very interesting comments regarding Cooper but Micheal Vick, who has his own history, said what you would expect some 1 2 say without sounding hypocritical. The racist was suspended indefinitely but wont be cut apparently. He has been recieving death threats but that's really not news. Of course he was gonna recieve death threats, This is America!

You were taught backward - free speech, yes, but acceptable consequences include firing (the Eagles don't owe him a job) but not physical attacks - assault and battery is still illegal,.so find a more grown-up way to express your displeasure at someone else's exercise if his free speech.

Vick's reaction is kind of forced, given his history. Would be interesting to see what he would have said had he not had his own past. McCoy's is understandable but unfortunate, imo, if you're an Eagle fan. As a team leader, he had an opportunity to help the team get past it and didn't.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-08-04 17:19, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 15:32, foreva.infiniti wrote:

You were taught backward - free speech, yes, but acceptable consequences include firing (the Eagles don't owe him a job) but not physical attacks - assault and battery is still illegal,.so find a more grown-up way to express your displeasure at someone else's exercise if his free speech.

Vick's reaction is kind of forced, given his history. Would be interesting to see what he would have said had he not had his own past. McCoy's is understandable but unfortunate, imo, if you're an Eagle fan. As a team leader, he had an opportunity to help the team get past it and didn't.

The eagles don't owe him a job but the owner (Laurie)is not black. Its hard 2 find a white owner punish his employees 4 racism a genuine punishment...
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
It's a tough line to walk, as some punishments (suspension) would punish the whole team. But letting him slide would have hurt team chemistry and also if the team hadn't punished him, the NFL would have, and it could have been worse.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-08-04 17:56, LobowolfXXX wrote:
It's a tough line to walk, as some punishments (suspension) would punish the whole team. But letting him slide would have hurt team chemistry and also if the team hadn't punished him, the NFL would have, and it could have been worse.

Ummmm you're wrong! If Jeremy Maclin hadn't got injured Riley Cooper would be irrelevant!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Well, Maclin DID get hurt, so I think that makes *you* wrong. Moreover, he was #2 on the depth chart, so he was an important player anyway. With Maclin healthy last year, Cooper played in mostvof their games and started 5 of them.

foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

No you're wrong when it comes 2 the depth chart at August 4th because its at like 90 something and it will get cut down 2 53 by the beginning of this regular season so if some 1's on the roster now don't mean shyt because they might end up on the practice squad Eternity!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 16:22, foreva.infiniti wrote:
Quote:

Hatred doesn't solve anything, where are you getting this? I'm only 1 woman. I myself cant change anything especially something as old as racism because that's never gonna change.

Didn't you say you hate racists with a passion?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-08-04 19:09, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 16:22, foreva.infiniti wrote:
Quote:

Didn't you say you hate racists with a passion?

Of course but hatred can lead 2 positive intentions because good can lead 2 evil intentions and evil can lead 2 good intentions. Just because 1 hates something doesn't mean something positive can't come from that hatred. There are plenty of people in the history of the world who hated certain places, persons, and things and that hatred lead to positive change 2 this world. Would you like an example?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 18:26, foreva.infiniti wrote:
No you're wrong when it comes 2 the depth chart at August 4th because its at like 90 something and it will get cut down 2 53 by the beginning of this regular season so if some 1's on the roster now don't mean shyt because they might end up on the practice squad Eternity!

He's a 4th year player. They don't have anyone they would have replaced him with whether Maclin was healthy or not.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would LOVE SOME EXAMPLES. Not just one.

Ghandi. Er um no. Martin Luther King. Er um no. Medgar Evers. Yea er um no.

Hating in no way leads to non hatred. Either that or these three had it all wrong.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Malcolm realised it wasn't the way to go. Look where it got him. And, er um, Ghandi, and er um, King.

Pussies with guns again.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hate sells to the simple minded cowardly who like to hide behind groups. That idiotic rheoric about it leading to good is exactly the same thing that supremacist groups use to recruit!

It is sad and cowardly. Hate leads to hate.

Pussies with guns? You got it brother. Sure was in those cases absolutely. See we agree?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Hating is a cancerous habit, like smoking. That said, I encourage my children to despise racism.
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-08-04 19:22, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 18:26, foreva.infiniti wrote:

He's a 4th year player. They don't have anyone they would have replaced him with whether Maclin was healthy or not.

Yea I agree he's a veteran but with all this contraversy you gots 2 think in a conventional means and realize that he's not worth the distractions especially with the distraction at the QB competition.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
There are ways to stomp out the behavior without lowering yourself to participate in it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Al Angello, Whats goin on in Philly? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL