The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » BLUFF CITY UNDERGROUND by Erik Morse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
" It's not the same anymore. Coney Island is practically an art colony these days. Even the freak shows are all harmless, politically correct parodies sponsored by those Wooster Street intellectuals that moved in during the 80's.
There's no fantasy or danger .....
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Such a shame. Smile

Mark.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
What a load of crepe.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Wondered what you'd say. He used a lot of artistic license about Memphis too. But it's a fun read.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It's important to keep in mind that Coney Island USA is but a small part of Coney Island.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It is Thor Equities that has torn down many of the wonderful old buildings in Coney Island and done much to diminish the charm of the place. There is still a great deal of fantasy left there and more than a little danger to be found.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Actually I had only read the first chapter of this book when I recommended it.
It's supposed to be a companion book to my friend Tav Falco's excellent "Dark Behind the Sun", but now I doubt that Eric Morse has ever been to Memphis or Coney, much less inside a kid show top. Sorry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » BLUFF CITY UNDERGROUND by Erik Morse (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL