The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best rubber band trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Besides CMH, what is the best rubber band trick?

- thanks
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
When it involves cards, I love doing card revelations with rubber bands. Smile
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Darn I was going to say Crazy Man's Handcuffs. Smile The only other trick I know with only rubber bands is the trick from mind bender. I think that is pretty cool.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
God, there are so many. I think that Traveling Cash is good as well as the Crazy Twist vanish. I'd have to say the BEST rubber band trick other than CMH is Pinnacle. Russ is a member here and the routine looks like trick photography. It's simply great.
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
There are many effects out there, but I find the best reaction I get is doing Chris Kenner’s Missing Link.
Steveblackwell
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Steveblackwell
Some don't consider it a trick as much as a stunt, but the Boomerang Band, I think its called, where the band rolls back to you is really something to see. It also is incredibly difficult to do. I tried for a long, long time to just do it once… never did. I wouldn't really recommend it therefore, but it’s quite a trick.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Try Pinnacle with ring and string. It is very good.
DaveVegas
View Profile
New user
Leicester,England
89 Posts

Profile of DaveVegas
Dan Harlan's linking bands, in my opinion, wipes the floor with CMH. It's on his video, Band shark.
Smile
ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
How much overlap does Band shark have with the 3 Rubber Band Magic videos he has?
pauly
View Profile
New user
Four Jokers Magic Shop
3 Posts

Profile of pauly
Pinnacle is a great effect. I always end with the disappearing band where you have two bands (but in actuality you only have one) and you pretend to unlink it, but the second band disappears. This is a great trick with an even greater response.
I am a recent owner of The Four Jokers Magic Shop in Tonawanda NY. I am looking for ways to not only improve myself as a magician, but as a magic dealer. Magic has become a very improtant part of my life and I want to find ways to give back. Not only to t
KapBoy77
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Canada
213 Posts

Profile of KapBoy77
Where could I find Pinnacle?

Thanks Smile
Any day I'm walking on top of the grass instead of looking up at the roots is a good day!
marc_us
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of marc_us
Elastrix 2 also has some nice effects in them but there's overlap with Dan Harlan's videos. After a while, the tricks all seem to be using similar principles. Why not try creating your own version?
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
I'll cast my vote for Pinnacle too. Andre check your favorite dealer, it's a DVD.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Linking Bands.
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
I do Crazy Mans Handcuffs with my own addition, I don't want to tell people how it works but it has fooled all my magi friends and is a real eye popper. Other than that Pinnacle is tops.
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Linked 4 Life. Check it out on visions, its very sweet. Smile
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Crazy Man’s Handcuffs. A classic.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1106 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Crazy Man’s Handcuffs isn't just one of the best rubber band tricks, it's one of the greatest magic effects period. Missing Link (Kenner) is another favorite. I also like the ring on band effects (Pinnacle, Ammar's Ring Band-It, and Simon Aronson's Ringleader), although I haven't performed those enough to personally say how well they go over with lay audiences.
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
I have recently become quite fond of The Joining. I also love Missing Link, CMHC, and Pinnacle. Ring Leader is ok too.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best rubber band trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL