The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I finally broke down and did it. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Don't strain your eyes for the posts LOL.

Oh wait you said "promotional" I thought you said "professional"!

Professional may NEVER happen!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Amusing to see Danny proclaim in one sweeping post that he (a) needs a Facebook account, and (b) deny that he needs a Facebook account.

The world has changed ... a single YouTube video can reach more people than a booking on the Tonight Show. Adapt or die.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Are you intentionally dim Joe Joe?

I NEVER said I DIDN'T need one. I said I DON'T need one for the reason all you wizards of smart claim I do.

Still haven't picked up on the comprehension thing have you?

Please if you are going to join in the conversation at least try to keep up with the class.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 14:49, Dannydoyle wrote:
I NEVER said I DIDN'T need one

Quote:
On 2013-08-17 14:49, Dannydoyle wrote:
I said I DON'T need one

I dunnu, maybe it's just me but I find that amusing as all heck. lmao

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You find it amusing because you are cutting out words and taking things out of context. You seriously need to use your comprehension skills or develop some.

Let me put the whole thing in context for you so maybe you can catch up.

"I NEVER said I DIDN'T need one." This is me saying I never said I did not need a page.

" I said I DON'T need one for the reason all you wizards of smart claim I do." This is saying that of the reasons I need one, that the reasons the wizards of smart say I need one are not among them.

Really Joe Joe it is JUST YOU. Nobody else needs this explained to them. It is basic language skills. Try some comprehension exercises. Or instead of just trying to come along and nit pick things because you want to act like a nit, just move along. I am sure that this passes for clever in your world Joe Joe, but in the greater world not so much.

Really you are nowhere near as amusing as you seem to find yourself.

Can we move along now? No more agendas? Please?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Blah blah blah ... have you considered that telling someone "yes" when they ask if you have a Facebook page is "marketing", which qualifies as one of the reasons these "wizards" are talking about?

Which puts my statement in perfect context, which is why I find it so very amusing. You are basically saying you are going to market your show on Facebook, but you are not going to use Facebook to market your show.

You can't just create a Facebook page and then say you are not marketing your show on it, as its very existence is a marketing tool.

You may not want to use it as much as someone else, but you still are using it.

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Again really Joe Joe where is your marketing degree from? By all means please enlighten me as to your educational background and where you get all your wonderful marketing prowess from.

Let me help to educate you some Joe Joe. Though I am certain it is in vein, much like all the wizards who misuse words they don't understand.

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of selling the product or service. It is a critical business function for attracting customers. (Straight from Wiki.)

I AM NOT TRYING TO ATTRACT CUSTOMERS FOR THE PURPOSE OF SELLING A PRODUCT OR SERVICE.

What you fail to understand is that is not the business model we have. I know it is odd to you, and obviously learning anything is off the menu but I do not need to attract anyone to sell them anything. I am only filling a desire to not have to worry about saying no to people. It is NOT MARKETING. It is what you and all the other wizards of smart DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Are we done now? Why not worry about your own business and just let me run mine ok? You obviously have not clue ONE about mine. It never ceases to amaze me how much people think they know about everything. Whether they have the slightest idea of how things really are or not.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I don't need to learn anything here - I already know how to use Facebook.

Why do you think they are requesting a Facebook page?? "Like" and "Share" - that is the core of Facebook, that is what it is for. They want to tell their friends about your show. They want updates on your show in their news feed. You may not want to attract customers with a Facebook page, but your audience obviously does.

I'll help you out, I'll translate terms into words you already understand: Facebook page = brochure for your show. So now ask yourself, why do they ask for a "brochure"?? They've already seen the show - they don't need to be sold on it. If they were asking for a "brochure" after your show, wouldn't you think they might want to give it to a friend or relative or someone ... someone that might be interested in seeing the show also??

From the sound of it, you don't need a Facebook page. It is useless. It'd be like handing someone a blank piece of paper when they ask for a brochure. Stop acting like you know everything, you don't.

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You MUST be trying to miss the point. NOBODY can be this dim. I mean it. It is just not possible.

Good analogy. I HAVE NO USE FOR BROCHURES EITHER!

You just can't grasp that one size does NOT FIT ALL. I do not know everything, but I will bet ya dollars to doughnuts I know my business model and how it relates better than anyone here. Even you.

Seriously man I am done discussing this with the absolutely clueless. If you have any more advice, WHICH I NEVER ASKED FOR about a business YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT on any level this would be a great time to keep it to yourself.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I could care less about your business model, I just find your comments amusing. In fact, I wasn't even really talking to you.

Quote:
On 2013-08-17 12:52, JoeJoe wrote:
Amusing to see Danny proclaim in one sweeping post that he (a) needs a Facebook account, and (b) deny that he needs a Facebook account.

The world has changed ... a single YouTube video can reach more people than a booking on the Tonight Show. Adapt or die.

-JoeJoe

That was for everyone else here - believe it or not, this forum doesn't revolve around you. Smile

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is amazing. As Lobo has pointed out in the past, irony was killed by the internet.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 18:08, Dannydoyle wrote:
It is amazing. As Lobo has pointed out in the past, irony was killed by the internet.

Where FAQs warn that humor is difficult to convey in textual form - and not understood ... the rest is post ironic.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I never thought of it that way but you are indeed correct.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 17:30, Dannydoyle wrote:

Good analogy. I HAVE NO USE FOR BROCHURES EITHER!

Only because nobody asks for them after your shows. If they did, you'd bow to social pressure and provide them also. Despite your delusions of self importance, your business model is exactly the same as everybody else's - you supply what there is a demand for ... period.

And if you understood Facebook, then you'd see the irony of your statements here and why I find them so amusing. I wasn't giving you any advice, I was talking to the forum as a whole and don't need you screaming and shouting (AS IN ALL THE CAPS) and calling me names for doing so. **** ***.

You need some serious anger management help.

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You really just can't stop flapping your yap can you? It is not about self importance it is about how things are set up.
What you describe is not marketing. Can't you read?

Just stop ok? You keep making yourself look foolish.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I can read just fine. You can deny it all you want, everyone here knows you are using Facebook to direct people to your company website. You already told us so yourself:

Quote:
On 2013-08-05 11:53, Dannydoyle wrote:
Second of all it helps to have a place to direct them for the company site.

That's what us IT guys call "Facebook Marketing".

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media_marketing

Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites.

Now ya know. Glad I could help sort that out for you. Smile

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My god you are dim. WILL YOU JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites.
Social media marketing programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks. A corporate message spreads from user to user and presumably resonates because it appears to come from a trusted, third-party source, as opposed to the brand or company itself. Hence, this form of marketing is driven by word-of-mouth, meaning it results in earned media rather than paid media."

Here is the ENTIRE QUOTE. Note where it talks about creating content that ATTRACTS ATTENTION and ENCOURAGES READERS TO SHARE WITH THEIR SOCIAL NETWORKS?

I do no such thing.

PLEASE tell me you are not really an IT guy? I mean you are dim enough, and single minded enough, and all that but really dude learn to read and comprehend.

As for "anger management" now you are a psychologist as well? You love to use buzz words but what is your educational background? Where did you train to be a psychologist and an IT guy? Which was your major and which your minor? Where did you go to school for marketing?

I am not angry, I am just trying to get someone who has NO CLUE what they are talking about to stop posting. Now I admit on the Magic Café' that is a tall order but please just stop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 12:10, Dannydoyle wrote:
Social media marketing programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks.

It says "usually" ... it is not an absolute. The bottom line is if you are gaining website traffic from Facebook, you are marketing on Facebook.

Relax dude - no shame in it, what the heck. All I said was it was amusing and you're screaming and hollering like a wild pig. Need to learn how to relax before you give yourself a heart attack.

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I do have to admit stupidity does frustrate me. It does not make me angry. Since you are so great at social media marketing why not tell us how many followers you have, how much money it generates and so forth? You are SUCH an amazing IT guy why not let us in on how come it is you only have a couple thousand views on your videos? Seems to me such an expert would have so much more.

It is a serious question. I am supposed to take advice from you about how to do these things (Which again I NEVER asked for.) and yet it does not seem that 20,000 views in 6 years is all that many. Maybe worry more about your business than mine and we will both be happier. I simply have no need for your advice so please keep it to yourself.

Yes indeed the word is "usually". This is one of those NOT "usually" cases and you ironically enough can't seem to comprehend that. See the frustration?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Actually your definition of marketing is not really correct. And there are different forms of marketing, each with its own set of success criteria. Direct Marketing is very different than Brand Marketing. In fact, one of your definitions above describes direct marketing well: presenting a product in a light that encourages a sale. Things like Junk Mail are Direct Marketing and was basically invented by one person: Lester Wunderman. It is a fairly recent phenomena. Brand marketing is the old school "mad men" type of marketing where the purpose is not to sell, necessarily (although this is the ultimate goal) but its purpose is to make you feel good about the product so that when you are making a decision and choose it above the rest of the pack because of the emotional tie you feel about the product. Harley Motercycles is a great example of Brand Marketing, Publishers Clearing House is a great example of Direct Marketing.

Both, however, are marketing.

When the web came along, distinctions got blurred somewhat. Is the Web a branding or a direct advertising medium? Well, it turns out it is both, especially when it comes to social media. In one way, you can think of Twitter as a Direct Marketing medium and Facebook as a Brand Marketing medium.

Despite Danny's misconceptions about what marketing actually is (he seems to be confusing direct marketing with "marketing" and brand marketing as "no marketing"), he is actually using facebook as a brand marketing platform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I finally broke down and did it. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL