The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I finally broke down and did it. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Northern Illinois University.

But see Slidey I never was giving anyone advice. What is MY educational background in question for? See it is those who solicit advice when it is not asked for, act all pompous and sanctimonious and arrogant as if there is one way THEIR WAY to do things who should have to at least point out where their opinions come from. Especially when they are nothing but a pseudonym.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Why was anyone's educational background in question for? You are the one who brought up education, although for the life of me, I can't imagine why. It had nothing to do with the topic at hand. There is no coorelation between education and knowledge in the world of tech. In fact the only degree I know worth its salt is an MBA from Stanford. In Silicon Valley, an MBA from any other school is a waste of money.

And I don't know anyone here who acted pompous and sanctimonious (except perhaps you.)

As for being a pseudonym, I've had a number of people contact me via PM looking for more information and I was happy to share my real name and email address with them and am more than happy to help people get started. Since, as you say, I can't teach you anything theres no need for you to know who I am. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No need for you to continue yet you do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Was there a need for your last post? no. and yet you do.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2013-08-19 12:30, Slide wrote:
"His business model is irrelevant; "

I tried to tell him that. Smile

Why is it irrelevant if it works for him? He's making a comfortable living doing it. What's irrelevant about that?

This thread seems to have gone in this order:
Danny: I Finally broke down and got a Facebook page.
A bunch of random people: You need to know/do these 3,000 things, otherwise you won't be successful.
Danny: No need, I'm already successful.
A bunch of random people: No you're not.
Danny: Oh that's right. You, a stranger on the Internet, knows more about my own business than I do.
A bunch of random people: See? I told you.
Danny: Where's the irony button on this thing?
A bunch of random people: Oh, here are 700 other things you need to be doing, otherwise you'll be living under a bridge in six months.
Danny: I'm going to the bar.

And what have we learned here? Well, *I* learned that whatever Danny is doing, works for Danny. What have all the "experts" learned? Nothing, apparently, since they're unable to see anything beyond their own wall.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I think you right Andrew.

It's very hard to tell a man he can't do something that he is already doing. Smile

Tom
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Good summary, Andrew. Danny knows exactly what he's doing and has been very successful at it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I spit pepsi at the computer with "where is the irony button on this thing".

Thanks Andrew.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Careful, Danny. Without a computer you can't log onto Twitter. And you will fail without Twitter. I knew a guy who signed up for Twitter and he landed a $70 billion gig the next day at the Elks Lodge in Lincoln, Nebraska. I knew another guy who didn't sign up for Twitter and he was run over by a cement mixer.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2013-08-19 20:13, Andrew Zuber wrote:

Why is it irrelevant if it works for him? He's making a comfortable living doing it. What's irrelevant about that?

Because having a Facebook page has nothing to do with his business model, nor does it have anything to do with him making a living. If I told you I was on the Magic Café, you would expect to be able to come here and read my posts.

Why create an account if you are not going to use it? If he created an account here, posted a link to his website, and did nothing else with it ... it would be called "spam". So basically what he is saying he is going to do is spam his link on Facebook.

Amusing. Smile

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
OH my god you are babbling now.

Andrew the cement mixer was really funny.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I finally broke down and did it. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL