The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I finally broke down and did it. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What is the monetary return on such a thing?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 12:49, Dannydoyle wrote:
I would seriously debate must have. But I can see their uses for sure.


Nothing like this is a "must have". Some go around without cell phones. Smile

"Good to have" is more like it with FB. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:03, Dannydoyle wrote:
What is the monetary return on such a thing?

If you are asking me I have an answer - however there are only some things I will talk about that is part of my show business only with people that are in my inner circle of business friends. Not on a public forum like this one.

Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Pakar
My father did not want an answering machine. He always said if they really have something important to say they will call him back. That sounds like pretty stupid logic today, and no cell phone or GPS is just as backward a way of doing business. If you do not embrace technology it will bury you.

They added an answering machine at the pharmacy where my wife works to do automatic refills, and now they work without any interruptions.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:12, bishthemagish wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:03, Dannydoyle wrote:
What is the monetary return on such a thing?

If you are asking me I have an answer - however there are only some things I will talk about that is part of my show business only with people that are in my inner circle of business friends. Not on a public forum like this one.

Cheers!


I was indeed not asking you your opinion on how to make money with Facebook.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:18, Al Angello wrote:
Pakar
My father did not want an answering machine. He always said if they really have something important to say they will call him back. That sounds like pretty stupid logic today, and no cell phone or GPS is just as backward a way of doing business. If you do not embrace technology it will bury you.

They added an answering machine at the pharmacy where my wife works to do automatic refills, and now they work without any interruptions.


I agree with you but some here for sure will argue to death that it ain't that way... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:12, bishthemagish wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:03, Dannydoyle wrote:
What is the monetary return on such a thing?

If you are asking me I have an answer - however there are only some things I will talk about that is part of my show business only with people that are in my inner circle of business friends. Not on a public forum like this one.

Cheers!



You just got through telling us you don't understand it and now want to pretend to know how to make money with it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:03, Dannydoyle wrote:
What is the monetary return on such a thing?

Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:12, bishthemagish wrote:
If you are asking me I have an answer - however there are only some things I will talk about that is part of my show business only with people that are in my inner circle of business friends. Not on a public forum like this one.

Cheers!

Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:24, Dannydoyle wrote:

You just got through telling us you don't understand it and now want to pretend to know how to make money with it?


Nice try to start something? Funny I just wrote something in another section of this forum about haters and how they try to push my buttons and wind me up! Setting this aside and as I said above I only talk about such things with my inner group of business friends.

Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:18, Al Angello wrote:
Pakar
My father did not want an answering machine. He always said if they really have something important to say they will call him back. That sounds like pretty stupid logic today, and no cell phone or GPS is just as backward a way of doing business. If you do not embrace technology it will bury you.

They added an answering machine at the pharmacy where my wife works to do automatic refills, and now they work without any interruptions.


You are right about new tech. No doubt it is necessary to keep up with the times.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea I am sure it is a true brain trust you meet with Glenn.

I am curious as to how in one post you say you don't understand it and in another post you want to try to tell us you know how to make money doing it. It is not starting something it is simply asking you to clairfy to completely contradictory statements.

And for those he record here nobody asked you anything except for clarification.

Have a nice day and if you are just going to be a pain in t he but troll please just see yourself out of the conversation.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Danny
Trust me facebook will grow into the way your professional contacts communicate with you. It will just slowly takes over much like the cell phone, GPS, and the internet has become second nature to you.

I never wanted to text until I started getting last minute changes about gigs from agents, and the GD honey doo list is all in text form for me these days.

You have started the evolution, and it will slowly begin to take over your life.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:38, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yea I am sure it is a true brain trust you meet with Glenn.

I am curious as to how in one post you say you don't understand it and in another post you want to try to tell us you know how to make money doing it. It is not starting something it is simply asking you to clairfy to completely contradictory statements.

And for those he record here nobody asked you anything except for clarification.

Have a nice day and if you are just going to be a pain in t he but troll please just see yourself out of the conversation.

Well, if this is what you take away from this exchange - it is your opinion.

The post above there I said I don't understand the facebook thing - is simply put. I just don't take the time to play with facebook because it is not in my business plan at this time.

Now for clarification - when I decide to put facebook and twitter into my business plan - I will work out the technical side of these places - just as I worked out the technical side of video software and every other technical computer asset that I add into my business plan - when it is time.

However I am not going to talk about such things outside of my group of business friends - of how I would use it to benefit my business.

Just because I don't understand the technical side - doesn't mean that I do not understand how I can use it in the future - to benefit my business. I knew how I was going to make money from magic long before I had a bankable show!

Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"Nothing like this is a "must have". Some go around without cell phones."

Sorry, should have said, must have for those performers that actually want to promote and market themselves. If you don't believe in advertising or marketing, then of course you don't need it.
But if you actually WANT to market yourself, it would be foolish to ignore the two main promotion channels out there.

Bish, there is nothing technical about either facebook or twitter and they are pretty easy to manage. I currently use three main promotional channels: Facebook, twitter, and Linkedin. I use hootsuite to schedule my messages at one time. One a week, I set up all my tweets for the week and all my facebook and linkedin posts via hoot suite. Hootsuite automatically schedules them for sometime in the future. Usually on Thursdays when my newsletter goes out, I promote all the items in the newsletter throughout the week via twitter and I only have to set them up once. Hoosuite sends them out automatically throughout the week.

I also use Mailchimp to deliver my email newsletter which goes out once a week. The newsletter is automatically sent to my twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin contacts via a click of a button.

And there is no secret on how to use these things: people talk about how to use these things and what works and what doesn't all the time.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Slide... Nice thanks for posting this.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Slide there are markets where it is totally unnecessary and results happen without it.

But yes it is a great wave of the future. No doubt. I agree it will help in most cases.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Glenn......whatever you say. Your right your brilliant.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"Slide there are markets where it is totally unnecessary and results happen without it. "

The point with all marketing is to make the results happen quicker and bigger. Of course you can build the best mousetrap, but if no one knows about it, no one buys it. I know this: when I increase my marketing, I increase my sales. Pretty simple one to one ratio. I stop marketing, my sales trail off.


Danny, I don't see an downside to marketing yourself. But, whatever floats your boat.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
I'll add this: when I put up an article and I don't use twitter, maybe I'll get a dozen hits. If I promote it on twitter and Facebook, I get close to 2,000 hits. The math is pretty simple.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The only math I would consider important is how it translates to money. Nobody ever answers that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 15:54, Slide wrote:
"Slide there are markets where it is totally unnecessary and results happen without it. "

The point with all marketing is to make the results happen quicker and bigger. Of course you can build the best mousetrap, but if no one knows about it, no one buys it. I know this: when I increase my marketing, I increase my sales. Pretty simple one to one ratio. I stop marketing, my sales trail off.


Danny, I don't see an downside to marketing yourself. But, whatever floats your boat.


I don't know about "downside," but I would say if you have all the business you need, its unnecessary.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I finally broke down and did it. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL